Need some help here

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a 02 gts had a rear seal leaking so got a new stock luk clutch and new slave cylinder . Figured while they were in there do it all at once right. Now the fly wheel looked glazed from heat n oil so had a shop next door re surface it . All back together and it works great except for a big vibration at 2000 rpm and up. No vibration before. And it don't matter in gear or out or clutch in or clutch out at 2000rpm it starts vibration. Would you guys say they faked up my fly wheel??? Or what would you guys think it is..

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the flywheel was resurfaced, was it also re-balanced? You may also try disconnected drive shaft and re-connecting it after rotating it 180 degrees.

csmwiese

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You say it does it with clutch in or out but how about stopped and reeving it up? Clutch pedal in while driving you say does it but the idle will drop below 2000, does the vibration stop once idle drops below 2000?
I think you problem is drive shaft related also, rotate it and try it again.

Clint

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a simular issue years ago. Had a flywheel resurfaced and the shifter would shake so bad under heavy accel the shift know would shake out of your hand. Somehow the flywheel was damaged when they resurfaced it. Had to replace it with a new one. Also have seen if you change the trans mount from stock to the performance mount it can cause a shake around 2000 rpm. Driving or just reving the engine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper