Need Tech Inspector for Track Day

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty finding an inspector for a track day. I am planning to go to VIR with the Zone 2 Porsche Club in two weeks. They require a pre-inspection by a certified tech. All certified techs I've contacted have the two post lifts which will not fit under my car. Is there anyone you guys know in the northern VA area or further south that can do these detailed inspects? Thanks!

Matt

P.S. Finally got the new six spoke wheels and tires on. Looks pretty killer. I am pleased especially considered the price.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dealership can do it for you. Most organizations just check your brake lights, tire pressures, and lug torq. when you get to the track and don't actually go through the full list. YOU should def. check all of those things yourself though.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh what he said. I always take my car into the shop before events anyway and I have my mechanic sign off on everything as we go through the car together.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done this a few times before, but this club is the first that gave me a form with a checklist they have to actually perform. It requires the car going on a lift as they have to inspect things like the steering linkage and CV joints. Anyway, I don't like the dealership here in F'burg, but I can try another one I suppose.