New 2001 RT 10 Viper owner in Cypress Ca. Orange County and Stoked!!!

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I just want to introduce myself to SO. CAL. Viper owners and everyone else that loves Vipers. My name is Bill Deneff and I just received my Race Yellow 2001 RT 10 on Dec. 6th 2011. The Viper came from Henderson NV. and was a one owner car with 29K miles on her. I basically grew up in a family that had always owned Dodge vehicles. 1964 Dart wagon with push button transmission, slant 6 that was bullet proof, 1969 Cornet wagon with a 440 in it, looked just like the Bradey Bunch wagon (wish it came with Marcia...), 1980 something Dodge Dart ******* to name a few. My daily driver is a 2005 Magnum and my son drives a 2006 Charger both with the 3.5 liter. I felt it was time to own the top of the food chain Viper after selling my 1961 Devin Roadster that has been in my family for 50 years. I needed another E-Ticket ride and this Viper is deffinitely it!!! I look forward to meeting and attending some outings with all of you!!! :headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bill! Welcome!

The So Cal Viper club is an active bunch... I think you'll find lots of E ticket rides hanging out with them!
If you haven't already go check out the local forum http://socalviper.com/ Some members are heading out to buttonwillow raceway on the 18th maybe there's still time to make your first event!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new e-ticket ride! I too have a 2001 RT/10 in yellow, and it is a barrel of monkeys to drive.

Only advice is to check the age of your tires. If they are original (as mine were) replace them ASAP with Michelin PS2 or similar tire. No fooling, no joke, this is serious. I nearly wrecked my Viper due to the tires. Old tires make the car very, very hard to control. The new PS2s were a HUGE difference. There are many threads on this subject here, so search away.

Enjoy!

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Club Bill !
As Kala said keep an eye on our SO Cal Website. Lots of great events coming up in 2012.

Hope to see you soon,
Lance

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, Welcome! As Kala and Lance mentioned check out and register on the SoCal site, always alot going on, we have a big and active club here. I think the next event is scheduled for mid January at DC Peformance (west Santa Monica, roughly I-10 and LaCienga) Dan @ DC charges the members $50.00 for 3 runs on his dyno, and, gives much of that fee back to the club. Great opportunity to meet a number of SoCal members, see what HP and TRQ you have as well as meet Dan Cragin the owner. If you have a viper and plan on driving it you need to know him, great shop, ton's of knowldege. Most of us will tell you, the dodge dealers here have limited knowledge on servicing vipers. You will also find a number of very knowledgable owners here who can help you greatly. congratulations on your new viper, hope to meet you soon. Mike

OP
OP
G

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks CEJ I'll have to check them out!
Congratulations on your new e-ticket ride! I too have a 2001 RT/10 in yellow, and it is a barrel of monkeys to drive.

Only advice is to check the age of your tires. If they are original (as mine were) replace them ASAP with Michelin PS2 or similar tire. No fooling, no joke, this is serious. I nearly wrecked my Viper due to the tires. Old tires make the car very, very hard to control. The new PS2s were a HUGE difference. There are many threads on this subject here, so search away.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave