New 2008 Viper video and story soon

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this video of the 2008 Viper a few hours ago on You tube from Winding Road magazine (free if you sign up and looks like a great magazine as well that I had never heard of until now). It also looks like there will be a story (possible performance review?) to go along with the video soon (video on You Tube refers to this but could not find it on their site yet).

Check it out and enjoy - I really like that Green !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9brEjn9WVpY

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOWOWOWOWOW. They said it sounded different than the earlier Vipers and it does. Very cool stuff and that green looks sharp. But I already knew that much... :D

Thanks again for the link - awesome stuff! :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me be the first to whine about how refine it sounds. I want my Viper rattling my teeth out. This sounds too tight... too neat. Who am I kidding? Sounds awesome! :D

It is the Viper growing up, and I'm glad it's still pretty raw. But I do miss the renegade skunkworks approach to car designing that sculpted the Gen1 and evolved into the Gen2. Still... I WANT ONE OF THOSE!:headbang:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the exhaust note on that car is as close to perfect as it gets. I'd definitely be interested in a 3 inch version of whatever the 2008 exhaust is. I love the way it sounds.

Love the video. Can't wait for the review.
(That video was so hot, if it weren't past midnight, I'd be out driving my own Viper right now.)

Last edited:

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
color looks better than in any color swatches or pictures i have seen as of yet. I cant wait to see the other new colors.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy cow... I'm speechless, and I literally got... well... ummm... you know... Too bad the wifes at work!

THANKS!! You made my day!!!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear that the 08's when someone gets rid of the Cats and extra mufflers. Should sound Disturbing :D

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
...and more important than the videos! We have some credible confirmation of how fast the '08 really is!!!

Take a good look at the message board posts BELOW the video on you tube! Oh, and to put things in perspective, I believe the C&D issue he is referring to is the Aug 07 issue (Lightning Laps round 2) at VIR that has the Z06 (fastest track lap of the day at 2:58.2 during that session, and FASTER than the Ford GT that was tested in Lightning Laps round 1 at 3:00:07).

From what I read... he's saying the '08 Viper is a full 1 second faster than the Z (and that temperature and humidity were actually against the Viper!):

viperhigh (1 week ago)
This was taken at Virginia International Raceway. That was Car and Driver's guy performing the laps. The 2008 Viper ran more that a full second quicker around the track than the Z06 C&D had tested there several months earlier. And keep in mind that when the Z06 was tested, it was much cooler with much less humidity. It was evident that given the same weather conditions, the Viper could have stretched the lead by 2-3 seconds.

(Reply)

redlineviper1976 (1 week ago)
Very cool. Did you film this? Do you have anymore footage if so? Did you time it yourself? Any other tidbits you can share? Thanks in advance.

(Reply)

viperhigh (1 week ago)
I did film this myself, and I do have other footage I will be posting soon. The times were recorded by Car and Driver's GPS unit which is as accurate as it's going to get. I've got more than tidbits of info on this car. I have detailed info if you're interested.

(Reply)

That would be very cool. I apreciate your responce. My e mail is bathremodels at aol :) .com. I am sure i will have to delete this e mail shortly now. Oh well, thanks again!

(Reply)

Thanks for the info. My location is bathremodels at ahh oh el. see oh em

(Reply) (Spam)

Should I look for any vids or specs in that address or is it too much work? Its cool either way.

(Reply) (Spam)

viperhigh (1 week ago)
Another thing to note is that this Viper, along with 7 other identical cars were brutally thrashed over 3 full days at the track. All of them were exposed to extreme heat and varying driving styles. Many cars would have failed mechanically at some point. But not these. They were bulletproof. Brakes, clutches, trans, and diffs never flinched. 3 days of continuous torture, and all they did was change tires. Simply remarkable.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Sweet Video!! One of the best sounding stock production cars I have ever heard, definitely best sounding stock viper ever!!:usa::2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperhigh (1 week ago)
Another thing to note is that this Viper, along with 7 other identical cars were brutally thrashed over 3 full days at the track. All of them were exposed to extreme heat and varying driving styles. Many cars would have failed mechanically at some point. But not these. They were bulletproof. Brakes, clutches, trans, and diffs never flinched. 3 days of continuous torture, and all they did was change tires. Simply remarkable

Thanks, Great to hear they're still bullet proof:2tu:

One of the MAIN reasons I love the Vipers.

Great going CAAP & Dodge:headbang:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and more important than the videos! We have some credible confirmation of how fast the '08 really is!!!

Take a good look at the message board posts BELOW the video on you tube! Oh, and to put things in perspective, I believe the C&D issue he is referring to is the Aug 07 issue (Lightning Laps round 2) at VIR that has the Z06 (fastest track lap of the day at 2:58.2 during that session, and FASTER than the Ford GT that was tested in Lightning Laps round 1 at 3:00:07).

From what I read... he's saying the '08 Viper is a full 1 second faster than the Z (and that temperature and humidity were actually against the Viper!):

viperhigh (1 week ago)
This was taken at Virginia International Raceway. That was Car and Driver's guy performing the laps. The 2008 Viper ran more that a full second quicker around the track than the Z06 C&D had tested there several months earlier. And keep in mind that when the Z06 was tested, it was much cooler with much less humidity. It was evident that given the same weather conditions, the Viper could have stretched the lead by 2-3 seconds.

(Reply)

Very cool. Did you film this? Do you have anymore footage if so? Did you time it yourself? Any other tidbits you can share? Thanks in advance.

(Reply)

viperhigh (1 week ago)
I did film this myself, and I do have other footage I will be posting soon. The times were recorded by Car and Driver's GPS unit which is as accurate as it's going to get. I've got more than tidbits of info on this car. I have detailed info if you're interested.

(Reply)

That would be very cool. I apreciate your responce. My e mail is bathremodels at aol :) .com. I am sure i will have to delete this e mail shortly now. Oh well, thanks again!

(Reply)

Thanks for the info. My location is bathremodels at ahh oh el. see oh em

(Reply) (Spam)

Should I look for any vids or specs in that address or is it too much work? Its cool either way.

(Reply) (Spam)

viperhigh (1 week ago)
Another thing to note is that this Viper, along with 7 other identical cars were brutally thrashed over 3 full days at the track. All of them were exposed to extreme heat and varying driving styles. Many cars would have failed mechanically at some point. But not these. They were bulletproof. Brakes, clutches, trans, and diffs never flinched. 3 days of continuous torture, and all they did was change tires. Simply remarkable.

Joe --

I e-mailed Viperhigh and asked if he could share his impressions on this site; hopefully we will get a response.

/Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave