NEW 2014 VIPER AT VOI ?! (According to Wall Street Journal)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEW 2012 VIPER AT VOI ?! (According to Wall Street Journal)

Who read yesterday's edition of Wall Street Journal ?! :eater:
It was a small but VERY important article to US.
It seems that the new Viper prototype is ready and was presented in Orlando to Chrysler dealers !:usa:

The race car heritage is abandoned and it is oriented toward more confort. Will we get 2+2 seating ?!
Ralph is a very family oriented guy ...

Chrysler: A Preview of the Automaker's New Lineup - Driver's Seat - WSJ

Will it be at VOI 11 ?!

viper15.jpg

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys must be kidding. That car looks amazing. Sort of a Ferrari 599/Toyota Supra/Dodge Viper Blend. Love it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys must be kidding. That car looks amazing. Sort of a Ferrari 599/Toyota Supra/Dodge Viper Blend. Love it.

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I HIGHLY doubt thats an accurate pic anyway. Security was WAY tight at the meetings and if that was a real pic, I think it would've been yanked off here by a moderator in the blink of an eye :D

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I HIGHLY doubt thats an accurate pic anyway. Security was WAY tight at the meetings and if that was a real pic, I think it would've been yanked off here by a moderator in the blink of an eye :D

I for one (moderator) have no such information, so I couldn't make such a call.

But I'd agree that the photo is VERY Ferrari 599 like in appearance. Somewhat more conservative and refined a look for a Viper.

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I can imagine an Italian/Japanese/American mixed female looking pretty good, but if that is what happened with this car; it did not end very well.

I doubt that is the next generation design. If it is, here are my thoughts.

It's not too bad, but a Viper it is not. I can't imagine any current Gen I-IV owners liking anything about it. You can't slap a Gen IV inspired hood, cross grill, and Viper emblem on anything and call it a Viper. From that angle, it looks a bit like a Nissan GT-R with 350Z headlights and the items from my previous sentence.

As I previously stated, I don't think that is the next Viper. I base that purely on the extreme design departure from any previous generation. However, Dodge did decide that a Charger should have four doors, so anything is possible.

kyjellywhite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NEW 2012 VIPER AT VOI ?! (According to Wall Street Journal)

Who read yesterday's edition of Wall Street Journal ?! :eater:
It was a small but VERY important article to US.
It seems that the new Viper prototype is ready and was presented in Orlando to Chrysler dealers !:usa:

The race car heritage is abandoned and it is oriented toward more confort. Will we get 2+2 seating ?!
Ralph is a very family oriented guy ...

Chrysler: A Preview of the Automaker's New Lineup - Driver's Seat - WSJ

Will it be at VOI 11 ?!

viper15.jpg
This car looks like a cross between a 370Z and a piece of hammered dog ****. There is no way ( I hope) they make this the new Viper.

That picture is screaming V-6!:nono:

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NEW 2012 VIPER AT VOI ?! (According to Wall Street Journal)

This car looks like a cross between a 370Z and a piece of hammered dog ****. There is no way ( I hope) they make this the new Viper.

That picture is screaming V-6!:nono:

Really?

I was thinking more along the lines of "Turbo-4" with those skinny tires. :D

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The base is an Alfa Romeo ...

However I have no idea how much it really ressembles to the prototype in Orlando.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Is this the car that was photo shopped above?

Bruce

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they actually do use the Alfa 8C Competizione as a starting point for a new Viper, that's fine by me.
If you've stood next to one in person you'ld be impressed, the car is gorgeous! It's very light, nimble, and fast. In fact, it will out brake the Ferrari430. Add to that some real American muscle and I think you'ld have a winner.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Design speculations are only speculations at this point, as per Alfa Romeo...

The Orlando Viper, from what I gather was a hit. Case in point, Ralph stunned everyone and got the board immediate approval.

This is like seeing the Mona Lisa painting for the first time, everyone was in awe! It could not have been inspired or influenced by any other car(Alfa)... it's the excellence of the Viper design team at work. According to viewers, Viper DNA was written all over it and rightly, the credit should go where it belongs!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Orlando Viper, from what I gather was a hit. Case in point, Ralph stunned everyone and got the board immediate approval.

Exactly. Here's a quote cross posted from Allpar:

"There are times when you are given the opportunity to give life to something which is so beautiful and unique, so just and equitable, that you pay a lot less attention to the numbers, to the financial reality that surrounds it.
They happen rarely. In my case, only three times in more than 15 years as Chief Executive.
The last time it happened at Chrysler, about a month ago.
It happened at the conclusion of a long series of dialogues that Ralph Gilles and I regularly have about design, about particular nameplates.
We had been debating this particular nameplate for a long time, and every time I just could not get there.
And then, one morning the product committee went into the dome and saw it, and we all knew we were in front of something magic, unique. It took less than five minutes for the committee to fund the initiative. Not a negative comment, not a remark, not a single question.
And so I leave you with this. The 17th car in the lineup, in select dealers in 2012.
Thank you for coming, and god speed."

That coming from the man in charge of the company that gave birth to the Alfa 8c, which imo, is probably the most beautiful car in the world. Speaks volumes for me about the upcoming [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Viper[/color][/color] and should get you all VERY excited.