New ACR through auto car wash.....

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I should've read the second post before running out to get some popcorn.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on the weekends i am one of the detailers at a well known (and very large) dodge dealership in the area.

we have dozens and dozens of vipers for sale, that are cleaned fri nights for the sat rush. i have often taken the acrs (all gens) thru the auto car wash with no structural damage to the wing.

sometimes the corners of the trailing edge of them need some touch up paint, but our air brush guy can match any color :2tu:

so i say, go right ahead :headbang:

You must be registered for see images

:fingersx:

You must be registered for see images attach

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will stay on, i actually have done this. the front canards tend to not care for it though.:mad:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
NEVER EVER take a new car through a car wash--ask the junkman what the car wash will do to a paint job. Some of the fun of owning a beautiful car is washing and maintaining it correctly as well as driving it.---Dave

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
iv been takin my viper through the drive the whole time since 08.:omg: *** now you guys tell me? is my paint ok ?

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Tires being too wide is Not the Biggest problem.

The biggest problem is doing it at all in the 1st place.

If you must use an auto-wash use a touch-less one. It's not an awesome clean, but it will get the nasty stuff off if you were stuck in the rain, snow, long slow ride down a dirt road, etc.

Then go home and give the car the proper detailing it needs.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I take both my cars through a touchless auto wash (the kind where the car is stationary) all the time....been doing it for years with no issues...

JRC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Going through a car wash must be like letting someone else make love to your baby. No body touches this baby but me. :2tu:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through a touchless when I first got back into town from picking it up because I drove through snow and mush from Indy to get it home. My passenger and I got a nice surprise when the high pressure water hit the area where the top, rear edge of the window meets the roof. The water came flying in like you wouldn't believe! First and only time its been through any type of auto wash, but I needed to get the salt off of it (especially underneath).

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take both my cars through a touchless auto wash (the kind where the car is stationary) all the time....been doing it for years with no issues...

I read a report quite some time ago... that in order for the touchless car washes to get the car clean...they use very very very harsh detergent which is very very bad
:mad::mad::mad::omg:

v

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ever see a Viper going through a automatic car wash, I'm going to release my Trunk Monkey on the owner!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y[/media]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235