New Autoform SRT Hood

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
8409DSC01407-med.JPG

8409DSC01406-med.JPG

We just thought we would let everyone get a sneak peek of our hood that will be coming out soon. If you have any questions please call me direct at 616-392-4909.

Tony Hall
Autoform Development

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is your new design made so customer's can cut out what louvers they want, or is it just a cosmetic look? Just wondering , as it looks pretty interesting to me,even though the stealth , battleship gray, is probably good to block radar,ha.

OP
OP
A

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The front scoop and side louvers will be open like the stock hood. The center section will be available closed, or as an option, open. The battleship grey, as you probably know, is primer.

Tony Hall

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dang, Tony, I figured with all the advanced techniques at Autoform, you had a new Radar Jamming system.......oh, I get it, this Forum could be monitored by the Michigan State Patrol. Well, sounds like this will be another cool custom touch, so get back to work and make us something else!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Like to see that baby painted and installed.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There you go Tony, your weekend is now shot. Get to work on the Carbon Fiber one, and heck, maybe you could just make one appear to be carbon fiber and give us another typical Autoform low price - sure you can send me a free prototype,ha.

Seriously, we get quite a few requests, ever since the Carbon Fiber show car came out, so this might be an avenue you may want to look into. I realize for our small numbers ( Viper owners ) the R&D cost might be enormous, but maybe a look-alike might be economically feasible. Probably want to do a decklid too, but I would just post your email, and see if folks respond. If enough do, go back to the drawing board and give the masses a cost analysis. If things still look strong, and you have some commitments, this might be a new area to take that new design.

Sorry, you know me, once I start flapping my gums, it is diarrhea of the mouth... and when I type the disease still manifests, itself,ha. :headbang:

04 THE HARD WAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work as an engineer at a carbon shop we do a lot of custom pieces... Mostly European stuff like Ferrari, Porsche, and race car stuff mostly Grand Am and ALMS. As long as you have the mold, a carbon version isn't a big problem. I just ask please don't lay carbon over fiberglass...it hurts my feelings.

I have a 2004 SRT but I really don't have a good feel for the viper market. How much does a glass one cost/weigh, and what would you pay for a carbon one that weighed a 1/3 less.

OP
OP
A

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To answer your question about carbon, you can use the same mold for both carbon and fiberglass. That is about all I can say right now.

Tony Hall
Autoform Development

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is all I can say for now??????????? Dang, Tony, it's not nice to tease everyone with that between the lines innuendo. Glad to see you guys are still thinking way outside da box!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, for some reason, part of the address is being censored??? Allow me to misspell it......vipurallie.com .....get it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456