New Car & Driver with Supercar Challenge just came

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The [*****] TT SRT-10 Viper won with the RSI TT SRT-10 finishing third.

Geez the legendary LPE UberVette only managed 11.6, though at 136mph.

Better luck next year !

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.The H******** TT SRT-10 Viper won with the RSI TT SRT-10 finishing third.

Geez the legendary LPE UberVette only managed 11.6, though at 136mph.

Better luck next year !

Where is Norm when you need him......TX WHOS YOUR DADDY.... He has a all motor Lingenfelter Viper that would eat that Vette up.

Cudaman :usa:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Mosler wouldn't have fried the clutch it would have taken home the win. 600hp as 2200lbs is a quick and nimble machine.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the Mosler wouldn't have fried the clutch it would have taken home the win. 600hp as 2200lbs is a quick and nimble machine.

they had a chopper fly them out a new clutch, it was fuel problems they had

vd..

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kinda miss that old Mosler with the funky windshield...kinda

That clutch in the picture is what, 7" diameter? It's small!

If it's that small it must be a multi-disc, but still not enough area to hold up to 560hp I guess...

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not impressed at all with the lpe twin turbo 427 vette.
a guy i know owns that car. he was out on our weekly closed coarse races after they did the shoot out. the car was overheating and running very slow. he raced a ati procharged zo6(571rwhp) and only beat him by 2 car lenths from 60-180mph. he had to send the car back to lpe to fix the overheating problem and that was 2 months ago. i would be pi**ed if i spent 80g's in upgrades to almost lose to a 12g kit.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not impressed at all with the lpe twin turbo 427 vette.
a guy i know owns that car. he was out on our weekly closed coarse races after they did the shoot out. the car was overheating and running very slow. he raced a ati procharged zo6(571rwhp) and only beat him by 2 car lenths from 60-180mph. he had to send the car back to lpe to fix the overheating problem and that was 2 months ago. i would be pi**ed if i spent 80g's in upgrades to almost lose to a 12g kit.

Is this the LPE package that supposedly propelled a Vette to an 8.9_ ? Must have been on slicks of course, and race gas. The C&D Vette had a good mph, but Vipers in the V10 Nats street tire shootout run much better times.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to John, Nick and all the guys at the shop!!!!

Isn't about time we lost the ***** crap?????

********* ***** ****** ******* ******* *** VCA.

I think that about says it all.

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolleyes: Well...there was some grumbling that in spite of Car & Driver's rules on arriving with an empty or near empty tank, and their overseeing of the 93 octane re-fueling, the pungent odor from [******] Viper's exhaust told anyone with a calibrated nose that something other than 93 octane was in the tank.. :eek:

Or maybe that was sour grapes.. :usa:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolleyes: Well...there was some grumbling that in spite of Car & Driver's rules on arriving with an empty or near empty tank, and their overseeing of the 93 octane re-fueling, the pungent odor from [******] Viper's exhaust told anyone with a calibrated nose that something other than 93 octane was in the tank.. :eek:

Scoreboard and at those power levels (800 HP) all a TT Viper needs is pump gas.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[******] should have loaned some race gas to RSI. A twin turbo SRT making 800 hp and running 131 mph in the 1/4 mile? That is embarassing.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen the article, but if they did it the same way as the previous SC the times are all well off what the cars will do at a regular track. Part of it has to do with the timing equipment they use, which is satellite based as I recall and not like the electronic equipment used at a track. And part of it has to do with how the different timed portions are run in a continuous course (they start on a long straight and measure 1/4 mile, then go into a road type course or something, etc. until they complete 4 or more timed events as part of one big course without stopping).

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the same comments many people made about 2 years ago when I had my yellow all-motor Viper in the event. The 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times are not done at a dragstrip, the time and mph are not measured the same way, and, in no way, should be compared to a dragstrip time. However, the numbers are very useful when comparing cars to one another (no slicks, pump gas, etc..). RSI's time was comparable to what [******] ran with his 800hp TT a couple year's back and what we ran in my 750hp all-motor car in the same event. I would say there are making the power they claim. Nice to see the Vipers take it this time around.

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the 11.7/119mph TT Volkswagen was just a fluke then...?

Guibo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the show, it looks like the launch is done on hard concrete, and not the regular black asphault section of the course.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the video but still havent seen the magazine article yet. I think my mail man reads my car magazines for a few days before he puts them in my mailbox.

Has anyone who subscribes to Car and Driver gotten this issue yet?

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is all over the mags , and we still can't say his name on a VIPER FORUM?? How childish is that?? Come on and get over it and move on. Performance should win, thank you.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"starstarstarstarstarstar" did a great job out there! Congrats! Guys, it's a lot harder than you think to run a time like that on street tires! When you just mash the gas on a car like "starstarstarstarstarstar's" on street tires, it doesn't just hook up and go!

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is all over the mags , and we still can't say his name on a VIPER FORUM?? How childish is that?? Come on and get over it and move on. Performance should win, thank you.

My thoughts exactly. This is an open FORUM for the free and open exchange of ideas - both positive and negative.