New Cowl Hood!!!!!

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have been working on this hood for a little while, and we finally got some nice photos of it on a car. This hood does allow for more clearance under the hood, and is available in both a pin-on lightweight version, as well as a bolt on version. This hood was developed as a custom hood for customer, who gave us the permission to add to our product line.
8409dougs_car-med.JPG

8409dougs_car_3-med.JPG

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OMG, that look awfuls on a Viper! Maybe a Mustang but NOT a Viper. I sure hope it was at least, functional! Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!

OP
OP
A

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was functional, that was one of the main points they wanted to attain when they contracted us to make this. We were actually able to get them over 4" of extra clearance to do whatever they wanted to do.

Racing Solutions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,finally someone has built a hood to fit a big sheet metal Intake. I know you will see more of these on guys who are serious about drag racing. I think with the right color combo the hood looks great.

Jason

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the cowl should have a double bubble effect to match the viper roof line.

A+ for effort, it looks like a clean strait job for what you wanted to do. :2tu:

TheMeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely different. After looking at it for awhile, it doesn't look that bad.

Tony, what are these going for?

OP
OP
A

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are just keeping them at the same price our other hoods are. This guy wanted the NACA, which was extra, but the original one was smooth except for the wheel vents.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ummm...... .sorry. I just cant look at it. Kina looks like some of the ricers down the road from me just got their hands on a Viper :eek:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Is that top on the car from Autoform? The silver top offsets the car nicely.

Thanks,

Jay K.

*edited*

The dilemma here is the fact that most Viper owners TT their cars and as a result don't require that large a rise in the hood. But who knows, maybe its for a drag racing application that fits the customer's need.

Best of Luck to the Guy or Gal,

Jay K.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like it. Now for the street eh? Maybe not but for drag racing purposes i like the look of it. Maybe i like it because i have a mustang with a 4" cowl hood. I definately think the Mustang looks better with a cowl hood like that though. I think it looks cool, its nice to see some different things on Vipers. That in my opinion dosent look bad.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...I've always had great respect for people who can create stuff like this. I'm not a fan of how that looks, but to be able to make something so complicated look so clean...simply amazing.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cowl itself looks cool, but it totally destroys the overall look for such a low and wide car as a Viper. Maybe on a mustang, but this looks... well... wrong.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Style is personal, but quality looks great.

Hope the owner and or you use a functional duct from the High pressure area at the base of the windshield to get some ram effect at high speeeds, like nascar

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what's worse, the Z28 hood, the colored vents, the front spoiler lip, or the fact that in your debut photo you don't bother to close the door all the way.

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm glad that ya like the Diamondback hood... but honestly about half of the questions I've been getting through that auction are people asking where they can get the front bumper cover from Lauri's car...lol. I've been referring plenty of people to Jon B and Tony that want that piece. Regardless of whether you happen to like the cowl hood or not, you gotta admit that it's nice to see some newer options being available for the Vipers, and options are never a bad thing to have. :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is great to have options and it looks like a very nice custom job.

I just wonder why go for cowl induction if a V10 has throttle bodies that face forward???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth