New driving fines for Washington!

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rlz: These fines went into effect on November 1st, 2007[/font]

* HOV Lane:nono:
- 1st time offense - $1068.50 (note: the sign posted on the HOV lanes that says $271 is now wrong and DOT is in the process of changing them)

-2nd offense - Fine is doubled

-3rd offense - Fine is tripled

-4th offense - Your license is suspended for a year! (they are not playing around!)

* Incorrect Lane Change - $380.00 (not using turn signal or 'cutting' someone)

* Block Intersection - $485.00

* Driving on Shoulder - $450.00

* Cell Phone Usage While Driving - $285.00 (cell phone usage)
(until January 1, 2008, you can use a hand held cell phone while driving, but if a police officer observes a driving infraction, he can stop you and cite you for both. After January 1, they can stop you for cell phone usage w/o any other cause.)

Law Enforcement has been told to really start cracking down on this, as the accident rate is increasing due to cell phone use

* Cell Phone Usage in a Construction Zone - $570.00 (this fine is doubled from the regular $285.00)

* Passengers over the age of 18 not in a seat belt - Both the passenger AND driver with get tickets of $101.00

* DUI - Instant ARREST! :alert: (the court s are now placing DUI's on your driving record for a period of 10 years!)

* Last but not least - You know that there was a thought that you could go at least 5 MPH over the posted speed limit, well according to the WA. State Patrol, you are now allowed 3 MPH over!

:money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

Last edited:

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I almost forgot - there are two new laws that are just as definitely real! Starting Jan 1, 2008, you can no longer text message as you're driving. Imagine that.

And as of July 1, 2008, you can no longer use a cell phone for phone calls while you're driving, unless you've got a "hands-free" device. I'm putting them in all my cars now to avoid the rush at the installation shops in May / June. The factory install on my 2006 RAM is awesome - one button, voice-op.

Steve

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth