New Gen III front tow hook from Jon B,,WOW

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a new design front tow hook for Gen III's from Jon B/PartsRack and I am estatic. It is a "removeable" tow hook, , with 1 bolt. I am always worried about being farther away than the "wizards" tow guy can get me,( the only experienced operator that has towed a ton of Vipers) or being on a State road that only "licensed" tow operator is allowed. I have night mares about breaking down, having a idiot tow operator show up and "accidently" rip the front bumper off trying to pull it on the flat bed. This hook can stay in your trunk with a 5/8 wrench until needed. I didn't want one permenetly sticking out the front, or a "strap" style folded back into its self, still being able to be seen. it takes 2 minute's to install. The first thing that came to mind after installation was "WOW" "any one with a Gen III that doesn't have one of these is NUTS"( not literally, don't throw any thing at me) Kinda "a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" thing.
I just wanted to thank Jon B for coming up and making this, and post a couple of pic's to show every one. Any GenIII or IV owners that are serious Viper owners should have this. IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey H-head,, the instructions say to remove the fan "shroud", but you dont need to. It takes only a couple of minuits to install . No body panels need to be removed. Its very well thought out.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a great set up. I get tired of messing with the 4 allen heads so I just leave mine on, this is a much better set up.

JonB, how about the rear end?? It sits so low and scrapes at some of the tracks., the edge is now razor sharp.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New "removeable" Gen III front tow hook

Looks good.

Since this is a product review, of sorts, I moved it to the appropriate section.

Thanks.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Thats All I Need Is A Rear Hook And A Big Chain So You Can Keep Up :D :rolaugh: USA IT LOOKS GREAT ! NICE JOB JON B

Viper Ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) They look great! I'm ready for a set. Breakdust, don't use these as an excuse to run off the road just to test them. Of course if you say you were trying to keep up with VIPERUSA, everyone will believe you. (ha-ha). :lmao: :headbang:

OP
OP
V

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) They look great! I'm ready for a set. Breakdust, don't use these as an excuse to run off the road just to test them. Of course if you say you were trying to keep up with VIPERUSA, everyone will believe you. (ha-ha). :lmao: :headbang:

Hey BrakeDust,, u been dissed lol:lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

:usa::usa::usa:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tow hook is on! Got it yesterday and just put it on. It fits perfect and USA is right, you can pop the actual tow arm on and off within minutes. I may have to bring a truck home next week and test it out. I hope I never have to use it for real, but it is a nice piece of insurance. The only other times the car has been up on a truck, it was for photo shoots and I drove it up. There are trucks that can hook underneath and pull it up without a problem, but the only companies that really have them are companies that specialize in exotic car towing. Now I can get it up on just about any truck (assuming they have some boards) and not have to worry about hurting the car.

Thanks USA and JonB!

I should be at Tony's for the July cookout, so anyone who wants to see it in person can check it out.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was excited when I saw this, then realized with a turbo, can't use it.

jknappster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New Gen III Removable Tow Hook

What keeps it from swinging upward and hitting the facia? Tow cables will not be horizontal (to the car) and will be exhibiting a upward force when pulling a vehicle.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New Gen III Removable Tow Hook

Once you tighten the four bolts that hold the mount to crossmember, it isn't moving. I put the hook extension in and pulled up as hard as I could and then stood on it and jumped up and down and it didn't move either direction. I know it's not the weight of the car, but I'm going to try to bring a tuck home next week and test it out by winching it up onto the bed.