New Iridium-Enhanced .6 mm Fine-Wire & Platinum Projected Tip Spark Plugs

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AtRo Racing now offers Iridium-Enhanced .6 mm fine-wire & Platinum side-wire Projected Tip Spark Plugs that we have found to provide better acceleration, smoother idling, and all around better performance.

Quote from VCA member:

"At the recommendation of Racer Robbie, I changed my stock plugs to the Iridium spark plugs he recommended. The result was a MUCH smoother running engine. Noticeably smoother. I would consider it a worthwhile upgrade. Thanks Racer Robbie!"

A set of 10 is $79.95.

Robbie

AtRo Racing Products

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New Iridium-Enhanced .6 mm Fine-Wire & Platinum Projected Tip Spark Pl

JonB, spark plug elves. Just a guess...

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe Dell,

These plugs are made by Autolite and are an exact replacement plug for the stock Champion plugs in the SRT-10 Vipers. they have the proper projected tip, heat range, and plug gap. They were not listed in any of the Autolite catalogs as of last fall. We have installed these in every viper that has been in our shop and have also sold hundreds of them. No one has asked for their money back. I buy them from my wholesale distributor.

Freeflyer,

Do you have an intelligent question you would like answered? Maybe you would like to guess again as you are dead wrong.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe Dell,

[snipped]

It's Joseph, not Joe! Why the F**k can't people get my name right?!?!?! Not like I haven't posted on THIS topic before. I won't do business with people who don't call me by my proper name... those who have worked with me know this. It's about respect. I introduce myself, you change my name. nice.

Please... it's Joseph, not Joe!

JD works too.... :p

Sorry for the hijack! now back to our regular scheduled programming...

JD

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

So what's the part number on these plugs?

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have to be kidding AB. This question coming from you who attacks me by telling everyone that I am not a paid sponsor and does not have the decency to apologize after I showed you twice that I am a paid sponsor. When you decide to do so on this forum I will be more than happy to provide you with the proper part number. If not then the rest of you can PM me and I will be more than happy to give you the information as I do not care if you find them cheaper elsewhere than I can buy them here in CT. I just want to help you guys out anyway I can so PM me.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe Dell,

[snipped]

It's Joseph, not Joe! Why the F**k can't people get my name right?!?!?! Not like I haven't posted on THIS topic before. I won't do business with people who don't call me by my proper name... those who have worked with me know this. It's about respect. I introduce myself, you change my name. nice.

Please... it's Joseph, not Joe!

JD works too.... :p

Sorry for the hijack! now back to our regular scheduled programming...

JD

Sorry Joseph. Really, I do understand as people screw up my real name all the time.

Robbie

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard several times to just use the original champion plugs, can anyone post their experience with these plugs? any thoughts? (my engine is basically stock, btw).

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its been almost 1 month since the inital post.No dyno graphs.No time slips.Just as I thought.Just bench racing BS.The magic plugs make no more HP than the stock champs.There's one born every minute.More money than brrains.Sorry for those that have purchased. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote from J. Dell: "4.82 each at RockAuto.com "
Joe, I think you forgot to add the shipping into your price of $48.20 for 10 spark plugs. Freight to my shop is $6.80 for a total of $55.00 or $5.50 a plug. This is a 30% markup and I pay the UPS charges. 30% is not close to double.

Seeing you all can buy them for less than my cost, why not just go ahead and try them like a lot of other vca members did. They bought them locally and reported back that they loved them and that their vipers ran smoother and faster. What do you have to loose? I will bet you will love them. Go ahead and check out this thread from a customer who bought them. Zorropano is going to buy them also.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=601071

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how much of the improvement wasn't just replacing worn plugs. I know when I replaced the my old plugs with stock ones I noticed a big difference. I may give these a try and see how they work.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I run JM Cylinder heads and your plugs won't fit my head. Well, it'll screw in 3/4 of the way, but not quite all the way.

1496 rwhp on Denso Iridiums. Any questions?

Yes I have 1 question. Why would you bother spending the time to compare prices on a spark plug that you can not use for your application? Better yet why have you commented at all on these plugs when you can not use or try them? And why Joe, did you go all crazy on me when I called you Joe in a earlier post/ If you do not have any first hand comments as to how these Autolite plugs work why bother posting your negative comments when it is been noted that you can not use them.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how much of the improvement wasn't just replacing worn plugs. I know when I replaced the my old plugs with stock ones I noticed a big difference. I may give these a try and see how they work.

Our house car did not have 500 miles on the Champion plugs when we decided to test all the plugs we could find that came with a projected tip as required by the viper engine. We tried them all and ran them until the engine did not perform properly. Some of these plugs did not even last a week or 200 miles. The Autolite XP985 plugs I installed them in August of 2004 had over 6000 miles before I changed them last year in April 2006 when I had the motor apart. I have since put another 12,000 mies on the viper with these plugs. After I took the viper out of winter hibernation 2 weeks ago I did not change the plugs as the viper ran as good as new on last years plugs. These are the best plugs I have found so far but I will be testing new ones as they come to market.
Robbie

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there a reason you shouldn't regap them?

autozone sells it for $9.99, and rockauto makes you buy 12.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sparkplugs.com then. call them and they'll work with you. Shoot, for the cost savings @ rockauto, you get too extras!

never re-gap iridium plugs. they come pre-gapped. you will wreck the iridium tips. make sure you get the plug you need @ the gap you need.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph Dell is totally correct in that one should never re gap iridium style plugs. You will need a 5/8" thin wall spark plug socket. Be sure to torque the plugs to 20 lb ft.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed the plugs recemmended by Racer Robby and can report that my ass dyno read that my 2006 Viper ran smoother and seemed to pull harder. In my opinion, a worthwhile upgrade to the stock Champions.:drive:

Flash

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed the plugs recemmended by Racer Robby and can report that my ass dyno read that my 2006 Viper ran smoother and seemed to pull harder. In my opinion, a worthwhile upgrade to the stock Champions.:drive:

Flash

Is there any proven benefit to installing these plugs on a GEN II?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly, I expect the only benefit to be they last longer. I'm also certain any motor that needs a spark plug change will run better just because it gets new plugs. I noticed a big difference in the engine when I changed the plugs last year (replaced with stock plugs).

and what's with GenII guys thinking their cars are special? these motors are all essentially identical.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My denso iridiums are 13 ea... i set up a dealer acct to get them for 10 ea... but even still, throwing out 10 like i did yesterday hurt. in the gut. ouch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger