New Member #26001

IcyRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have waited 21 years to own a Viper and finally made the leap last Tuesday with the purchase of a 2002 Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition #98. I am the second owner and couldnt be happier that this is my first Viper.

I have been around the Viper and Chrysler since one year after graduating college in 1988 - from the domestic and international launches of the original 1992, the international launch and dealer marketing of the 1996 GTS, 5 years at JRThompson working on VCA/VOI and Mopar Performance and now with Dodge Licensing, nearly every year of my working life has provided me with the unique opportunity to always be within an arms length of the entire life of this amazing vehicle. I vowed in 1989 to own one when I saw the original concept car at Metalcrafters in CA and just smiled when the naysayers rolled their eyes and thought to themselves, "sure,whatever you say"...I never let the dream fade!

I look forward to participating as often as possible, learning from the great membership of the MCVO and VCA and doing everything I can to support the club. So many members of the VCA openly welcomed me before I had my Viper but I now look forward to the opportunity to truly give back as a registered member.

As my license plate will read - WRTHEW8!

Jim Bur
2002 Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition #98

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
JIM!!!!!!!!!

I do remember you well....

Congratulations and welcome!!!

Enjoy the ride form a fellow 2002 GTS owner ....

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Jim....Hope to see you at the Woodward.
Just wait until you drive your FE for the first time in the biggest cruise in the world.

Zach

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, and as my regional Pres. always says "respect the torque". Also, tires are hard 2 1/2 to 3 years after production and your traction will be reduced. Grow into your Viper. Enjoy it and be aware it is like a loaded gun; it can be lethal with a momentary lapse in judgement.

OP
OP
I

IcyRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses. I cant wait for Woodward next week. Thankfully I have had many opportunities to drive (casual and in a few cases, pushed hard) many Vipers, so my respect level for what this beast can do is extreme. The tires on my car are fair at best so there is no hard pushing going on. These cars are much too happy to go "butt-first" as I like to call it and I have no interest in repairing me, anyone else or the car anytime soon :drive:

This is a long term investement for me...I plan to be involved for a long time to come! I will post some pics once I have a chance to take some really nice ones. For now, here is one that shows the most important things in my life - my wife, Mo, and my kids Krista and Matt (and the Viper, of course).

Jim

Attachments

• DSCN0909.jpg
    DSCN0909.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 17

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Great Viper Nation. Actually the Great Viper Family. Hope we will see you at the Beanery this Thursday. I will be down there on Wednesday but won't be cruising until Thursday Morning.
See you all there!:drive:
Frank & Kim
:2tu::usa:

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome aboard brother (#26001). Here are some new owner tips:

(1) Change all fluids if not recently done.
(2) Get the fuel filter replaced. You might still have the original one. I would have it changed every 10k.
(3) Check plugs and wires and change if needed.
(4) Replace PCV. Very cheap fix.
(5) Get the power steering cap vent. Also cheap fix. Small chance your viper might just become a BBQ pit. It has happen and will continue to happen. Refer to picture below.
(6) Upgrade P/S Pulley and Bracket $200.00 plus labor. Without this change, you could be left on the side of the road.
(7) Get the crank bolt pinned. Price depends, but should be around $400. Could cost you an engine. I repeat, could cost you an engine.
(8) Get new tires if over 5 years old. There is a born on date on them . Old tires can put you into a pole or tree really fast.
(9) Prob has bad motor mounts $250 plus labor. (This can wait).

You must be registered for see images

Rev

A99SilverACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, welcome to the worlds most unique club for the worlds most unique car.

I also dreamed about this car for many years and smiled at many who said i would not own one...

See you Thursday!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper