Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is steve and I live in Montgomery TX (North Houston). I am the proud owner of a 2001 Red GTS ACR. I'm also a new member to the VCA. I really enjoy the forums and learning from the wealth of knowledge there is on these boards. I just thought I would take this chance to say hi so hi.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the funny farm Steve!

Great pics, the car looks awesome and REALLY clean!

Any mods on the car? Whats the milage? How long ago did you get the car? Tell us more!:D

Again welcome!

Robert

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one beautiful ride. Enjoy every minute / mile behind the wheel as well as just admiring it--oh did I mention beautiful color choice?:2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WELCOME.............One of my favorite Vipers was my 01 ACR......

737? SW ??

The only caution: The 01-02 ACR rear is dramatically OVERSPRUNG. On rutty or washboardy roads, the rear end "skitters" due to having WAAAY too much spring. Especially when your tank gas is low! Or you are going downhill, the rear is way to skittish-sketchy.

E-Z and cheap fix, with OE-manufacturer springs. CALL if you get twitchy-ditchy in the rear!

V

Venomiss

Welcome! I see an avatar for you in those pictures! Tell us more.

Be sure and check the monthly giveaways for VCA members. You are automatically entered by being a VCA member so you don't need to do a thing to win. Good luck!

The Grail Trail is a great place to ask questions from Herb Helbig about your Viper.

Hopefully you noticed the deal on Mobil 1 oil/filter from Advanced Auto mentioned in the general discussion area. Might save you some $$.

OP
OP
S

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone,

I bought the car in june it had 24,000 miles on it. It has no mods, I'm not sure what I want to do to it yet. I plan on keeping it mostly stock. JonB, yea I'm a SWA guy out of HOU. thanks again steve.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. If you're not sure about mods then upgrade the fronts to 14" lightweight big brakes as your first modification. Upgrade to better pads and you should be able to outstop the Gen 3s because of slotted and/or drilled rotors! It'll become one of the best stopping cars in the world. After modifying the car to stop great, then think about making it faster.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4