New Mopar/borla Polished Extended Exhaust Tip Set

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa:
We have developed these new mirror polished billet exhaust tips, to fit the Mopar-Borla Exhausts. These tips are for those of you who prefer a tip that extends past the side sill opening. These tips will eliminate any chance of the paint being burnt on your side sills.

These new tip extensions are tapered and measure 3-1/2" OD, at the end of the tip, and add 1-1/8" to the length of your Mopar Tip.

These tips will fit the MOPAR & BORLA CAT BACK SYSTEM that utilizes the included side pipes and will also fit the NEW STYLE RACE EXHAUST SYSTEM. They are mirror polished billet aluminum.

The VCA price for these tips is $254.95 a set, shipping included in the USA.

BORLAMOPAR_EXHAUST_TIP_EXT.jpg

These tips are easily installed with 2 hidden set screws without removing your side sills. Tools included.

:usa: PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA! :usa:

Robbie

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I am open to comments as to if you like the tip extensions above. We had a lot of inquires for these tips from people who wanted a tip that stuck out beyond the side sill as their paint was being burnt. If you have any ideas on how they would look better than please post them here. We can revise them to your liking. We machined these with a slight taper to them so they have a megaphone look to them. If you think they should be straight instead then please say so. All comments are welcome.

Robbie

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My problem is the angle of the Mopar exhaust tips. From cold to hot I use the total opening. I cannot increase the diameter unless the angle changes also. The price is more consistent with a complete pipe set from the muffler exit back. For just add-on tips I think it is excessive.

As indicated I would purchase a pipe set from the muffler back that changed the angle (closer to 90 degrees) and added a little length (maybe 1/4 inch) with a nice finish. But tips alone. No.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some feedback. They look Ghetto. Seriously, you're just slamming them inside of the stock ones w/ a couple of set screws hoping to hold it??, not even replaceing the stock ones (which I opened this post going how the heck are they suggesting you get the welded on ones off, then I see this jury rig).

Its going to look like $hit on the car too, because if you look at it (and you dont have to do it very closely) you'll see its a tip inside of a tip.

This being my most curious part of this (although I dont know why i give a $hit, it looks so bad I would never do it), what happens from heat and cooling (expansion and contraction) if these are just pushed in there?? They are going to get lose in a short period and fall right out (if you are doing this using an interferance fit or press like pressure and some set screws). The set screws will get lose, I'm sure of it.. over a very short period of time. Try them on your own car and see.

The one good thing I can say about this, is if my assumptions are correct, you'll be back to stock looking tips after a few miles, whether you like it or not :)

Enjoy the feedback... brought to you by none other then....

Jon

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

To Newport Viper: I do not see a problem with getting your leg burnt any more than it would be from the side sill or from the OEM SRT tips that we sell.

To GR8 ASP: These tips do not increase the total diameter where the come thru the side sill so there is no problem there. Once installed the tip extensions appear to be at a 90 degree angle when exiting the side sill hole. As for pricing I can do $239.95 for VCA members.

To 2002 VIPER GTS ACR: These is no other way to make these extensions except for installing them inside the original tip as there would not be clearance for the tip to come thru the side sill. The screws that hold them to the original tips are not going to back out as they are held in place with heat sensitive locking socket head set screws. We have used this form of attachment on all of our tips with no problems every being reported of them backing out. As for seeing the Borla tip inside of our tip extension this is not true, what you are seeing is our tip extension which is machined from 2 pieces and then blind riveted together. We have painted the inside of these black and could paint them most any color you wanted. Once the tip cokes or carbons up from the exhaust you will not be able to see the joint where it shows in the picture.

I will get together with Zero Altitude Flight and see if we can correct these matters.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was refering to the OUTSIDE of the "tip in tip" look that looks like crap, not the friggin inside of the pipe ..

Wow.. you will never cease to amaze me with your ......idity.

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth