New Owner in NE PA.

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and bought a 96 RT 10. White w/blue stripes. Very fun ride, drove 500miles from Ohio to get it here. No major issues. Got scared 150 miles from home car wouldn't start, has an issue with the switch when pushing in clutch. If I push hard starts no problem. Its getting a good check-up Friday. Hope to meet up with other owners. Could not make it to Woodstock (WV/PA run) last weekend.
Mark

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Mark! Congrats!

Take it easy till you get a feel for the go pedal. Are the tires original? If so they are hardened and need to be replaced.
Have fun and Enjoy!

Dave

God Bless!

OP
OP
H

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tires have about 6K miles not old. Did some research before buying. Previous owner very straightforward with info. I grew up in Forty Fort. My parents lived in Dallas. I go down to Pizza Perfect sometime perhaps we could meet up.
Mark

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody always informs new owners about tires. I feel that new owners also need to be made aware of the cops. New tires, yes. New Valentine One, mandatory. ....Watch out for the cops. :nono:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome :welcome:Mark, glad you finally got the one you were after, it was great talking with you and we look forward to seeing you soon!:drive:

OP
OP
H

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got 2 pics in the 96 gallery section. Will post more. Hard top is off now. Just waiting for some better weather to get some better pics.
Mark

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the acquisition! There are a couple of silly plastic pieces by the left pedal that sometimes just wear out....doesn't sound like its them that's causing the starting issue, but do get that area looked at. The parts are really inexpensive, but the consequences of their failure are annoying (i.e. clutch won't work!).

OP
OP
H

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure where the Chatterbox is. Unfortunatly I throw one bash a year. The Sunday before Memorial day. I will be getting ready for that. If anyone will be in the Moscow area, stop by, it's a pretty good bash. 12N -10pm. Couple of bands. food, beer, kid friendly. PM me if interested. May have a few nice cars as well. Love to see some Vipers show up.
Mark

OP
OP
H

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure where the Chatterbox is. Unfortunatly I throw one bash a year. The Sunday before Memorial day. I will be getting ready for that. If anyone will be in the Moscow area, stop by, it's a pretty good bash. 12N -10pm. Couple of bands. food, beer, kid friendly. PM me if interested. May have a few nice cars as well. Love to see some Vipers show up.
Mark