New owner intro

MikeT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all- I've been reading the forums for the last couple of years learning about each viper generation before deciding on a purchase. This site has been invaluable.

Well, I pulled the trigger three weeks ago on a red '03 SRT 10 with <3k miles - exactly what I was looking for. The stars, the sun, and the moon were all aligned: the car is almost perfect, the seller was less than 50miles from my house, and most importantly...my wife said "get it!" That means YOU MOVE ON IT before she changes her mind! LOL

I've read so many accolades about Chuck Tator's service, and let me tell you, it is first class! The service is like no other I've received in any business. I was excited to find out he was located within an hour of my house. Since my car had so few miles on it within 7 years, the power steering pump was leaking big time. In addition to changing all the fluids in the car, Chuck and Rob diagnosed the problem and had a new pump installed while I waited. Needless to say, it doesn't make sense to take the car anywhere else for service but Tator's. Next I'll be swapping out my run flat tires.

The driving experience has been terrific. I've leased four Honda S2000's in a row, (still have my '08 as a daily driver), and I thought these cars were pretty quick. Good God was I so wrong. This new thing called torque is unreal and addicting. WOW.

Looking forward to potentially meeting other owners in the NY/CT area who may be attending the Pound Ridge NY car show next weekend.

Thanks,
Mike in CT

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lucky guy indeed...understanding wife..awesome ride and Chuck close by....

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and your about to get banned posting something like this without pictures ! Im glad you already have your first mod picked out. Throw some PS2s or equivalent tire on there before you swap ends. :D Be safe and respect the torque !

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all- I've been reading the forums for the last couple of years learning about each viper generation before deciding on a purchase. This site has been invaluable.

Well, I pulled the trigger three weeks ago on a red '03 SRT 10 with <3k miles - exactly what I was looking for. The stars, the sun, and the moon were all aligned: the car is almost perfect, the seller was less than 50miles from my house, and most importantly...my wife said "get it!" That means YOU MOVE ON IT before she changes her mind! LOL

I've read so many accolades about Chuck Tator's service, and let me tell you, it is first class! The service is like no other I've received in any business. I was excited to find out he was located within an hour of my house. Since my car had so few miles on it within 7 years, the power steering pump was leaking big time. In addition to changing all the fluids in the car, Chuck and Rob diagnosed the problem and had a new pump installed while I waited. Needless to say, it doesn't make sense to take the car anywhere else for service but Tator's. Next I'll be swapping out my run flat tires.

The driving experience has been terrific. I've leased four Honda S2000's in a row, (still have my '08 as a daily driver), and I thought these cars were pretty quick. Good God was I so wrong. This new thing called torque is unreal and addicting. WOW.

Looking forward to potentially meeting other owners in the NY/CT area who may be attending the Pound Ridge NY car show next weekend.

Thanks,
Mike in CT

Hopefully I will be following in your footsteps soon, I am currently an s2000 owner who wants to jump into the Viper eventually. I get cold feet in pulling the trigger because of maintenance because obviously an s2000 is a lot different than maintaining a viper. I have tried other vehicles but do not think I will be happy in them. Vettes to common, camaros also common did not like it and just recently test drove the 370z nismo and I know these vehicles except vette are not in the same class as the viper, so I hope one day in the future I can pick your brain and find out coming from the same vehicle if this is the vehicle for me. Im located in Long Island so Tator is not that close to me which is also a fear. The way everybody talks about him, I probably will only bring my car to him anyway. But congrats on the car and I hope you enjoy it.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you on the site Mike! Again Congrats and Welcome! :2tu:
Pictures or fire suit! :panic:

Hopefully I will be following in your footsteps soon, I am currently an s2000 owner who wants to jump into the Viper eventually. I get cold feet in pulling the trigger because of maintenance because obviously an s2000 is a lot different than maintaining a viper. I have tried other vehicles but do not think I will be happy in them. Vettes to common, camaros also common did not like it and just recently test drove the 370z nismo and I know these vehicles except vette are not in the same class as the viper, so I hope one day in the future I can pick your brain and find out coming from the same vehicle if this is the vehicle for me. Im located in Long Island so Tator is not that close to me which is also a fear. The way everybody talks about him, I probably will only bring my car to him anyway. But congrats on the car and I hope you enjoy it.

rede2go If I can help in anyway in your search don't hesitate to get a hold of me. I am forty minutes North of the Whitestone Bridge, close to you. :cool:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-review-tators-garage/

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you! I know the feeling of Torque! Just a thrill especially first time you let it loose! Congrats to you and welcome!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your luck runs very deep:

Great car nearby..
Chuck Tator close by..
oh and the Great WIFE! (CFO)

I always thought the S2000 looked like a 'condensed SRT10' in some ways.......BE CAREFUL with that torque on demand, it is not forgiving WHEN your lose traction on the runcraps.

Chuck Tator also invested in the equip needed to mount-balance Viper sized tires, so he can do it all.....

Congrats and Good Luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes folks. I'm thrilled with the car. Posting pictures does not seem very simple...as soon as I take a couple decent ones and figure out how to post them, I'll get them up!

PS - Pretty funny how some people don't even know what a viper is. My wife and I took the car to Lime Rock to watch the races on Labor day weekend, and the track guys gave me a prime parking space. It was classic to blend into the background and hear things like "that's the new Shelby!" or the one that I couldn't take: "I like the lines of the new Vette!". I think we actually had the only Viper at Lime Rock on Saturday- I guess the exclusivity is cool in itself.

Rede2go-feel free to send me a message to discuss the differences in the Viper vs. S2000- they are big and well worth it. Both cars do what they are designed to do very well. See if you can find a way to keep both.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes folks. I'm thrilled with the car. Posting pictures does not seem very simple...as soon as I take a couple decent ones and figure out how to post them, I'll get them up!

Well by your Venom tag can I take a guess and say you joined the 'Red is faster' crowd...???

I'd start the Gray is faster club but let's face it, Gray sounds close to another word that, while there is nothing wrong with it, could get ummmm....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

MikeT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, let's see if I did this "post a picture" thing right...

Here it goes, a bad picture, but a picture nonetheless. More to come with a better camera, outside, and cleaned!

Thanks,
Mike

1814.JPG

OP
OP
M

MikeT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FastandLoud-
Yes- I'm in the Red Venom crowd. You'll notice a second red vehicle in the picture (and you can't see) also a red truck in my driveway!

I must admit, while your grey one may be slightly slower 0-60, there's never been a bad Viper color produced. LOL! Yours looks great!

Mike T

V

Venomiss

Welcome to the fun!

Your local VCA president Adrian has a long list of events in your area on a great NY/CT website and hopefully you can make it to a few before the season is over with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth