New Owner & VCA Member

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone...

Just a quick hello and introduction...

My name is Dave and I'm across the pond in the UK

I bought my first Viper, three days before Christmas, after 17 years of nothing short of lust & obsession, since seeing the original concept in 1989, (I'm sure everyone knows what I mean), a rather gorgeous 1994 RT/10.

I am now all signed up to the VCA and wanted to introduce myself and say Hi to everyone.

(Hope you don't mind if I join in)
All the best
Dave

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave
Welcome to the nut house:2tu:..........
Nice avatar
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Baz, thought I'd say Hi over here too!
(Hope you don't mind, I did a bit of sneaky tweeking of the red and white and removed the inlet on the hood...)
Just need to work out how to post pictures now... Think I'll wait til after the weekend... :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Dave!! :drive: Know the feeling of '''''waiting''''' to get a Viper...the waiting is the worst! Glad you are now in the company of great BEASTS.....oh and people! :2tu: Congratulations on your purchase, ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!! :headbang: Would love to see pics.
~juli~

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
Let me add my welcome to the VCA and congratulations for finally getting a Viper. Like you, I also dreamed of getting one since I saw the original prototype in 1990. Finally got mine 3 years ago and of course, still love it.
BTW, how do folks in the UK mind driving on the left with a left hand drive car like the Viper?
PAvenom:drive:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few pics for Dave.....

You must be registered for see images

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that recently for sale on Ebay? I remember seeing a red Gen1 with whites stripes for sale and it was listed as having factory stripes!?
Welcome!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about UK prices but here it was €1.50 per litre at one point :omg: Has been hovering around €1.40 lately.

What is that translated into American dollars? :dunno: We don't even have the euro / pound(?) symbol like THAT one! Here it's been now ''''down'''' to $3.27 a gallon for premium as of 4/21/07. :mad: :rolleyes:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the right keyboard it's Ctrl + Alt + 4 = €.
Found a convertor through google and if that one is anywhere near correct with these ever changing rates, €1.50 equals to $2.04.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My control/alt/4 comes up with nothing, :( drat. Well, $2.04 is MUCH cheaper than here, :omg: I'm '''presuming''' that is for regular unleaded? Not diesel or premium. Diesel is very high as well as premium...and for sure will only get higher. Will that stop us?? Probably not! :drive: :D :D :D
Enjoy~~ juli~

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gas is about 90p-£1 here at the moment, there is about 4L in a gallon and at an exchange rate of £1 = $2 that's about $8 a gallon

ps Wecome aboard Dave

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew I was not figuring it right, as I knew overseas diesel/fuel/gas was much higher than here...$8.00!!!! UNbelievable...and it's only to go higher...oh......joy.......
~juli~

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on a beautiful ride!!!!!:2tu: I'm also pretty new to this forum and can not believe how willing and helpfull everyone is. I think you'll see what I mean. ENJOY:drive:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My control/alt/4 comes up with nothing, :( drat. Well, $2.04 is MUCH cheaper than here, :omg: I'm '''presuming''' that is for regular unleaded? Not diesel or premium. Diesel is very high as well as premium...and for sure will only get higher. Will that stop us?? Probably not! :drive: :D :D :D
Enjoy~~ juli~

The regular 95 I always fill my Calibra with.

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep its just crazy

$ stronger than the £ = Gas price up
$ weaker than the £ = Gas price up
Global warming = Gas price up
Global cooling = Gas price up
Government puts Gas tax on hold = Gas price up
Government puts up Gas tax = Gas price really up

Spot the trend there?

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome... (Even if the thread has been hijacked into a discussion on fuel costs... LOL!)

Here's a couple of pictures as promised...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice to see you here Dave !

was chatting to a girl in a FL bank yesterday, and she was saying how petrol prices had climbed and she wants to cycle to work, she laughed her head off when i told her what we pay in the UK :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
R/TDAVE~
Gorgeous pictures of your red/white coupe...one of our all-time faves. Good to have you on board, and sorry this veered away from welcoming you and your car to the 'what-can-we-do-about-gas-prices-everywhere' forum!!! ENJOY! ~juli~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper