New Twin Turbo system from West Coast Viper

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a couple quick pics of our new front mount twin turbo system. This system uses an equal length header set and the turbos are mounted in the front of the engine for reliability. (gravity drain and easier to get rid of heat) Not to mention, they look GREAT! Turbos are rated at 750HP EACH and are ceramic, dual ball bearing units. More details coming soon! This motor is getting installed in the customers car over the next couple weeks.... dyno sheets will follow shortly!

P.S. - we have been doing a lot of mods on the 03/04 Ford Cobras and are amazed with the gains this motor can make. Try 500 RWHP from a stock motor with $1500 in bolt ons.... AMAZING!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's because aftermarket Mustang parts are cheaper for one thing...

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the only reason. Try computer tuning, pulley change, and headers/exhaust = 500 RWHP. Those parts would not cost that much more in a Viper. Although, comparing the modded Mustang to the Viper is ludicrous. Other than a straight line to 150 MPH, there is no contest in any other area. And even in that contest I beat a 500 RWHP Cobra (With the above mods) with my 1998 GTS with (Filters/Exhaust) by a 5 cars lengths to 150 MPH from a roll. Remember, our cars are 400 pounds lighter.

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is truley a beautiful setup!! I saw it yesterday. Finally, headers that aren't chopped to fit the setup. A very thought out turbo system.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the only reason. Try computer tuning, pulley change, and headers/exhaust = 500 RWHP. Those parts would not cost that much more in a Viper. Although, comparing the modded Mustang to the Viper is ludicrous. Other than a straight line to 150 MPH, there is no contest in any other area. And even in that contest I beat a 500 RWHP Cobra (With the above mods) with my 1998 GTS with (Filters/Exhaust) by a 5 cars lengths to 150 MPH from a roll. Remember, our cars are 400 pounds lighter.

Oh really? Headers alone on a Viper are $1500, add exhaust and you're up to $2500 or more.

How much are headers and ex for a Mustang? $600 total maybe?

That $1500 mod budget goes out the window alot faster on a Viper. So in some respects it's not that amazing to see big gains out of $1500 on a Mustang :)

The TTurbo is cool. Looks like a plumber's nightmare to fit it all in a stock engine compartment. Will it all fit without mods to radiator location etc?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I consider '$1,500' more ($3,000 total), not that much more - especially in Viper dollars. Most equal mods for a Viper to a Mustang cost 3-5 times as much, so only twice as much is 'not much more' IMO. $3,000 is about what header/exhaust/pullies/VEC1 would cost on a Viper, give or take. Ever Viper owner in America would spend $3,000 if they could gain 140 RWHP over stock. (Stock Cobra's dyno around 360-370). There is no denying the awesome mod potential of the new Cobra without touching the motor.

P.S. - I'm sure a 'full' exhaust including headers for the new Cobra is more than $600. Headers, H-pipe, and Cat back.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a GEN1 install! The gen2 system will be very close to the same, just a few differences. This one was built on the car, fits with the stock radiator / fan shroud and was only recently removed so we can coat all pipes and do other detail work. Thanks for all the kudos!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Jason now going by the title of the pic (Turbo Kit V 2.0) I would be expecting a DIY release in a month or two to rival Sean's supercharger kit.

Hey, we all have dreams!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DIY kit may be a bit of a wrong title. We will have a kit that can be installed by a shop though. More on that AFTER we are done with this car. The development order is:
Gen 1 cars first.
Gen 2 next.
Gen 3 last for our TT kit.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DIY kit may be a bit of a wrong title. We will have a kit that can be installed by a shop though. More on that AFTER we are done with this car. The development order is:
Gen 1 cars first.
Gen 2 next.
Gen 3 last for our TT kit.

Gen 3 last? Bah! (spit)

Ah well. So what do you think turn around times will be for these from car drop off to car pick up?

-Manny

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, about time someone put them up high!! Very nice!! I am impressed as I tried for 3 weeks to make mine fit and decided to mount them low instead! I would like to see this set up in a car. Turbos look a little small (t60's?) Would T70's fit under there?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! The turbo size was carefully chosen based on the usual factors, and the compressor maps on these are exactly what we wanted. The torque curve on this setup is obviously anxiously awaited by everyone involved. We are expecting it to be very high and very flat. Should other compressor or turbine sizes prove neccesary, we do have a bit more physical room.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the more I look at this the better it looks. You guys really did your homework. This system will be hard to beat by any other tuner. Imagine a gen 1 with ported heads, and dished pistons!! Talking 1000 hp at the rear wheels if you get it enough fuel!!!!

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question _ WHile it says installed by a shop, can someone with a complete line of " shop tools ", and a lot f patience do it in their garage?

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this will sound dumb but...how is this different ( other then tons more parts and tuning ) then installing a turbo on a 4 - 6 - or 8 cylinder car?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb question? No such thing.

Installing a turbo kit on any car is a very involved process, but other than having more pipes and tubes, I am not sure there really is a difference than say a V8 kit. It is not for the shadetree mechanic, but can be handled by someone that is mechanically sound. The biggest issue I guess is not to 'improvise' - just like it is not wise to pick your own jetting on a nitrous kit, I would not suggest making any mods to a turbo kit without the manufacturers blessing. Some things are certain ways for a reason, even if it does not make sense to the installer. Just my .02

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An instruction manual will come with the kit. Along with all the software to fine tune the electronics for your fuel and altitude. (AEM EMS is an option now on the Gen2 cars)

Looks like we will be doing the Gen3 next, as opposed to the Gen2 as planned. Stay tuned for more details.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62