New upgrades to track car!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I put the carbon fiber (real) GTS-R wing and the front splitter on my track car ('97 GTS) from Bob Woodhouse's old '96 GTS which had been gutted on the interior by fire at the recent MAM Viper Days event.
While I was at it I upgraded the brakes to Dave's SRT brakes. Mark Jorgensen and the Woodhouse team did great work, as usual.
I will try to attach pics (from my gallery) below.
Meanwhile, I therefore have a few items to sell like Tom Hayden's rear brake upgrade (40mm piston calipers) and stock '97 GTS wheels with sport pilots mounted in excellent condition, rotors, all of which I will post in classifieds.
Now I need to make better lap times!
06290004.JPG

06290003.JPG

06290002.JPG

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I put the carbon fiber (real) GTS-R wing and the front splitter on my track car ('97 GTS) from Bob Woodhouse's old '96 GTS which had been gutted on the interior by fire at the recent MAM Viper Days event.
While I was at it I upgraded the brakes to Dave's SRT brakes. Mark Jorgensen and the Woodhouse team did great work, as usual.
I will try to attach pics (from my gallery) below.
Meanwhile, I therefore have a few items to sell like Tom Hayden's rear brake upgrade (40mm piston calipers) and stock '97 GTS wheels with sport pilots mounted in excellent condition, rotors, all of which I will post in classifieds.
Now I need to make better lap times!
06290004.JPG

06290003.JPG

06290002.JPG

Hey ViperRay,

How about a really good side shot (to see my brakes) for my customers cars page:drive:
Thanks Dave:D

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ViperRay,

I have an 01 GTS ACR that I'm modifying for track use too. Mine is red / silver. I already have Dave's big brakes and they work well. You may also want to add the rear anti-toe bracket. It helps a bunch under hard braking, which the new brakes will allow you to do. Ask Dave for more info.

What I need now is the splitter / wing combo. Does Woodhouse sell these or was this the last one? If you don't mind, what can I expect to pay for these items and how difficult / costly was the install?

I also need a pair of race seats and mounting brackets.

Dan:2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Aaron.

Dan, the wing is an original wing as those used in the GTS-R racers that Woodhouse parted with after his old GTS got trashed. If this wasn't available, I was going to get the CF wing from Snake Oyl. The splitter is tougher. The only other front splitter I saw that was functional (not just for show) was one that I believe Parts Rack sells... it's adjustable too... aluminum I believe.
This splitter I have is made from a kind of plywood and I got a thin balsa plywood template for it so I can make another when I trash this one!
The wing I have was $6500 when new but of course I got a good deal even though it looks perfect.
This wing is through the rear deck so you have to take off the rear fascia to install it... Woodhouse did it for me but it is a DIY for most. I'll try to post a pic below to show you *** it looks with the fascia off.

Dattilowing002.jpg

Dattilowing001.jpg

I have the Sparco 2000 seats but you may want to check around on that.
I will check into the anti-toe bracket.

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a real sharp colour combo for that car. I am suprised they didn't offer it originally in 1997 or 1998. Could someone photochop this car without the front splitter and the gold rims from a gold package car?

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about going with the Tom's upgrade, but was wondering if the Gen III brakes on front and transferring the front brakes to the rear was enough of an improvement to justify the cost?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62