New VCA South Florida Events!!!

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Members,

Weather forecast shows rain tomorrow night so we will NOT be meeting at Tower Shops. We will try again next month but usually the summer is a bit unpredictable.

In the mean time, we have some events coming up that I want to bring to everyone's attention. Please mark your calendar at this time.

Sunday July 26, 2009 - Day Cruise to Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City in Punta Gorda, Florida
Opened the first week of March 2009, Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City features nearly 200 automobiles of every era dating back to the 1920's. As per its name, the museum's major focus is on the "muscle cars" of the mid 60's to early 70's - the Pontiac GTOs, Chevy Corvettes, Oldsmobile Cutlass 442s, Chevelles, Camaros and high-horsepower Impalas that revved up the imaginations of teens and young adults all over America. The museum includes a 50's diner themed cafe as well as a memorabilia gift shop carrying everything from T-shirts, posters and jewelry to neon signs and gas pumps.

We meet 10:00am sharp at our usual place, at the BP gas Station off Hollywood Blvd, just half mile west of 95, located on the north side of the Blvd. From there we'll take 95 north to 595 west and head over 75 to Punta Gorda. Distance shows approximately 160 miles one way with driving time about 2 1/2 hours. In a Viper, about 45 minutes. (JK) Please be punctual. If the forecast shows heavy rain that day, we will reschedule this event. Please visit their website for more information. Admission is $10. Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City Museum, Punta Gorda, Florida - a private collection of more than 200 high performance vehicles, primarily Chevys and General Motors cars.

Sunday, August 27, 2009 - Homestead Track Day with Hooked on Driving
For those of you who have been on the track at Homestead, you know what fun is. For those of you who have never been, this is your opportunity to get on probably one of the BEST tracks in the Southeast United States. PLUS, it's in our backyard. I am currently working on a special VCA member price as we did last time, so please take an opportunity to come out and play. You won't have a better time ever in your Viper until you take it out on the track.

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - Homestead Track Day with FARAUSA
Another great opportunity for us to get on the track at Homestead with FARA USA. Please try to make it and bring your Viper or other high performance car and enjoy this beautiful and well engineered track. You won't get many opportunities like this one. As well, I am working on a special VCA member price.

October 24, 2009 - Dyno Day
Our Annual Dyno Day with trophies given out to the different categories, years and modifications of Viper. No more arm-chair quarterbacking; we want to see what real power you have, or don't. Take the Sneaky Pete if you wish, but don't let us find it! Location TBD.

I hope you can make it to some of all of these events. Please email any suggestions or comments you may have on these events. I look forward to seeing you all very soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize, but the date for the Hooked on Driving event is actually on Sunday, August 22, 2009. Gates open at 9:00am.

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Days is comming to Daytona International Speedway in October for finals. We would love to see some of you guys there. Ask Russ Oasis about this track. Its an experience. Its not often you will get to run the same track as the 24 Hours of Daytona. Go to Viperdays.com for more details.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days is comming to Daytona International Speedway in October for finals. We would love to see some of you guys there. Ask Russ Oasis about this track. Its an experience. Its not often you will get to run the same track as the 24 Hours of Daytona. Go to Viperdays.com for more details.

I'm running there in Nov. with all the Itlian guys. Are spectators welcome @ Viper Days?

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Spectators are more than welcome. Its a family affair at Viper Days so bring your wife and or kids. Many do. Find out more about Viper Days when you are there. There will be tons of Viper Techs and Viper vendors who will answer your questions. Cindy Lux and Neal Hanneman with be there and they are the premier Viper racers in the world. You will also be able to watch the very first Viper Racing League race at Daytona which will be the largest collection of Vipers in a race in Daytona history. Sign up for the banquet and join in the fun. In fact why don't you run with us. We would love to have you. Go to Viperdays.com for more details. :usa:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spectators are more than welcome. Its a family affair at Viper Days so bring your wife and or kids. Many do. Find out more about Viper Days when you are there. There will be tons of Viper Techs and Viper vendors who will answer your questions. Cindy Lux and Neal Hanneman with be there and they are the premier Viper racers in the world. You will also be able to watch the very first Viper Racing League race at Daytona which will be the largest collection of Vipers in a race in Daytona history. Sign up for the banquet and join in the fun. In fact why don't you run with us. We would love to have you. Go to Viperdays.com for more details. :usa:

I'd love to come and run but, I just spent $975 on the 3 day event there in Nov. so the track funds kinda went there. I'll def. come out to watch/hangout and hopefully get a couple ride alongs in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R