new White TA

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just picked up a white TA from Paul Normandin in San Jose. Best dealer experience EVER!
Drove 450 miles back home to LA....car is flawless....looking forward to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in 2 weeks...CAN'T WAIT...:)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up a white TA from Paul Normandin in San Jose. Best dealer experience EVER!
Drove 450 miles back home to LA....car is flawless....looking forward to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in 2 weeks...CAN'T WAIT...:)

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you intend to have some legal fun with it! CVR is a very fun track. I will be there with my S2000. I'd suggest an even better track event that is usually attended by a few Viper guys is the West Coast Racing HPDE event at Willow Springs on Mar 1 & 2. A chance to really stretch the Viper's legs.

OP
OP
Z

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations...that's awesome! You absolutely positively must share your impressions of the car!

First let me say that this was my first drive in a street legal Viper. I bought this car to use at the track when I was too lazy to go thru all the necessities to run my Comp Coupe.
My experience thus far was 450+ miles on mostly freeways...so I can't comment on it's track manners yet...but seat of the pants feel tell me it's gonna be exceptional.

I was very impressed with all the information available at my fingertips...all available in a relatively intuitive manner. Never had to crack the owners manual and I had my Bluetooth working, IPOD, NAV...important settings etc. Pedal layout was perfect and loved the short throw shifter. Clutch and shifter effort fairly evenly matched. Did a 5 hour stint with 2 10 minute stops for gas and refreshments and felt the ride very comfortable other then some minor drone witch is easily overcome by slight RPM changes.

Aesthetically, I couldn't be happier with the color...like the contrast with the wheels and carbon bits.

More after the track...still buzzed from the trip...

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One last thing....this car is a freakin' steal at it's price point...IMHO

Great feedback. Good to hear you like the pedal layout and that things are fairly intuitive. I'm not very fond of reading owner's manuals, nor think it should be necessary for fairly basic operation. Agree on the TA being an epic steal. Looking forward to my black one arriving in April. Haven't seen a TA or even sat in a Gen V but all the excellent feedback tells me this is the car I'll love forever...and may have to if I want to track a fast car exotic with a stick! Enjoy, and please update often like Bobpantax so kindly has.

Bruce

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey congrats on the TA! I tracked at Buttonwillow recently with a group of comp coupes in my Stryker Red Gen V. Any chance you were there? I'll be at Willow Springs in March with another NorCal owner, Gary C. in his Gen V.

We both bought from Paul Normandin as well. Paul's a top notch guy and Normandin is a great dealership. Curious how you ended up buying from Paul?

Todd

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! First white TA purchased on this site. I'm glad you got some quality seat time on the trip home, that is what memories are made of. I flew to Detroit to pick up my '13, drove it back to Houston.

Bigger pics, please :)

Tony

OP
OP
Z

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey congrats on the TA! I tracked at Buttonwillow recently with a group of comp coupes in my Stryker Red Gen V. Any chance you were there? I'll be at Willow Springs in March with another NorCal owner, Gary C. in his Gen V.

We both bought from Paul Normandin as well. Paul's a top notch guy and a Normandin is great dealership. Curious how you ended up buying from Paul?

Todd

No Todd...wasn't at Buttonwillow.

Initially I was referred to John Gastman at Roanoke Motors in Illinois. I ordered the car from him in December and he was nice enough to arrange for a California delivery thru Paul Normandin in San Jose. I flew up Thursday morning from LA...took delivery and drove her home...:)

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Todd...wasn't at Buttonwillow.

Initially I was referred to John Gastman at Roanoke Motors in Illinois. I ordered the car from him in December and he was nice enough to arrange for a California delivery thru Paul Normandin in San Jose. I flew up Thursday morning from LA...took delivery and drove her home...:)

I worked my deal through Paul and Paul was able to get me my Stryker Red by trading a car with John Gastman. Paul can get any car because of his close relationship with Roanoke. Both are exceptional dealers.

You probably know about the Tracking Events forum on the Viper Club of So Cal website. Lots of tracking events in your area. I venture down there from time to time.

OP
OP
Z

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I worked my deal through Paul and Paul was able to get me my Stryker Red by trading a car with John Gastman. Paul can get any car because of his close relationship with Roanoke. Both are exceptional dealers.

You probably know about the Tracking Events forum on the Viper Club of So Cal website. Lots of tracking events in your area. I venture down there from time to time.

Hadn't checked that site before...I'll check it out and look forward to meeting up!

OP
OP
Z

zim32

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! First white TA purchased on this site. I'm glad you got some quality seat time on the trip home, that is what memories are made of. I flew to Detroit to pick up my '13, drove it back to Houston.

Bigger pics, please :)

Tony

You must be registered for see images attach

See how this works Tony...

habeb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New member here and congrats. The white and carbon combo looks really good.

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very, very nice. Enjoy it for all of us who are facing a few more months of something white that isn't nearly as fun.