New Windshield +clear film ?

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I need a new windshield for my SRT10. I haven't priced them out yet, but I am looking for some feed back from other track rats about how long clear film will last on a windshield if you track your car lot. Is it worth the price? Before my windshield cracked it was sandblasted by numerous track days, making it difficult at times to see out of when the sun is just right.

Dave

OP
OP
Dave Moore

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
So I found out the windshield is $440 installed. Now antone with any leads on guys who put clear film on the windshields? the guy who did my clear bra doesn'y do it.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the windshield protection put on my 06' along with the Clearbra. It has saved me 2 rock chip cracks so far. "The Tint Shop" in Great Neck installed it for me. I think I paid $250 for the windshield protection. 516 829-7336. Ask for Joe and tell him you are a friend of Phil with the White Viper. I will always have this installed on my cars.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Venture Shield installation expert also does the install of the windshield protection as well. It is thicker than tint of course.

Well, I told him to go ahead and try the install on my '08 windshield. He tried for and hour and could not get the material to stick to the curvy glass with an acceptable result so we gave up!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the windshield skin installed on my car. From a distance the material is invisible but up close anf from within the cockpit you can see a few small bubbles and there is a very slight amount of waviness or distortion when looking out from the cabin. For me, the protection from rock chips at high speed and track driving is worth the tradeoff in optical clarity.

/Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth