New York City Bus Trip ?

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
icon1.png
New York City Bus Trip - NY Auto Show - Gen V - April 7 2012

With the announcement that the Next Generation Viper will debut at the New York Auto Show in April, the PA/WV Region will be planning a bus trip for anybody that wants to go. The show runs April 6th thru the 15th. I will be shooting for Saturday April 7th, details to follow. Let me know if you are interested since the cost of the trip will be determined in part by how many folks plan to attend!!

There are several bus tour companies in the Baltimore area, starting at $55 for one day round trip.​

Last edited:
OP
OP
zoomie

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Lets have a party in New York!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 99 R/T 10 -- TJI -
Any updates? When are the VCA members going to get the chance to preview? April 7th? Trying to make hotel and travel plans.

SRT will throw/host a party to unveil the GenV with VCA members on April 4th. Exact time on 4/4 is TBD. SRT will be sending out invitations via mail to all VCA members with details about this. RSVP will be required and a special website will be setup to register for the unveiling. This informaton was given to us by SRT at the presidents meeting last week. Invitations should be going out starting Feb 1st.​

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning to head out on the 4th early in the morning. I think I'll get a room for at least two nights (4th and 5th) if not three (4-6). I want to be there for the reveal on the 4th, but also want to see the show which starts on the 6th for the public. Unless VCA, Dodge or whoever gets us access to the show early (before the 6th), I'll probably have to stay at least three nights. I was going to send out a caravan thread, but I'll wait and let John be the focal point.

OP
OP
zoomie

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have driven my Viper in Manhattan, Times Square, etc.. not a great place, terrible streets.. not fun.
There are daily scenicruiser round trip buses from Hunt Valley for up to 57 people for under $60 per person,
can even go up one day , stay, and come back another..
or charter our own for about $30 per person.. no tolls, no parking issues, they drive, we party.. etc..
been on several with college groups, great way to go..

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to caravan to the show, but would absolutely hate to drive in NY! Worst streets I have ever been on.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wanted to visit Tator's so I'm going to head up there early in the morning and bus it into the city with the NY folks.. I'll pass NYC on the way to Tator's but I think it'll be worth the extra driving time..

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wanted to visit Tator's so I'm going to head up there early in the morning and bus it into the city with the NY folks.. I'll pass NYC on the way to Tator's but I think it'll be worth the extra driving time..
It will be worth the extra drive.:)

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it will require staying a couple of nights to see reveal and NY auto show, chartering our own bus may not happen since not everyone is going to want to stay the whole time.

I'll send out something to membership to get feedack.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just RSVP'd. Stinks I'm paying $100 for my 7 year old, but I guess it's for a good cause. Maybe I can steal his drink tickets! :beer:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on going, taking the fam, but can't go til the last weekend due to other conflicts, ugh, but so far we're committed to making a weekend out of it. If anyone's up on those later dates, give me a holla.

And come hell or highwater I'm hitting this VOI (I hope) ... still punching myself for missing vegas.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, we were in the same dilemma, with it being on a Wednesday, we decided to rent a 12 passenger van(s) (depending on turnout) and drive up, that way we can pick up passengers along the way and come and go when we want. That way we only have to park the vans instead of a bunch of cars....of course it does **** to be one of the drivers. I am going to reach out for Bobby to see if he can hook us up with parking etc. Let me know if you want to do something similar or hook up with us, I will finalize the plans after we see how much interest there is
Carmen

OP
OP
zoomie

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
PaViper - Carmen - count me in interested.. either charter coaches or vans..
will help drive vans.. bringing my son..
several Baltimore area coach charter companies.. daily round trip scenic cruiser coaches..
can even go up one day and take another back another day.
let them do the driving... pay the tolls.. park..

Mark

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the responses I have received from our membership indicate everyone would rather go up and return on their own. There may still be a shot at a caravan depending on the weather.