Night out with the SRT-10 Viper

Reaction score
Hi Everybody -

Last night I got a chance to drive my SRT Viper :D
It's been a while because of the unfavorable weather we've been experiencing.

Well, anybody who thinks the SRT doesn't bring about the attention of the GTS needs to take one of these out for the night :)

83Pics_of_SRT_and_SC_unit_NEW_9_-_18_-_04_008-med.jpg

I pulled up in the local Friday night car show in Davie Florida and the crowds knew I was sporting something very different on this new car. The faint whine under the hood aroused some suspicion. As I drove through the parking lot it would appear as if I were being followed, and I was! I stopped and I tried to get out, but the crowds huddled around the entire circumference of the car. Finally, I was able to open the door and make my exit :) Everybody just stood there and stared at me in anticipation for me to open the hood. (Oh if you insist I thought to myself :2tu: ) ... And oh my, you could hear a pin drop and then .......

A state of euphoria with just some old fashion under the hood accessory ;)

It's under construction (yucky brass fittings) and I still need to complete the airbox, but it's almost done:

83Pics_of_SRT_and_SC_unit_NEW_9_-_18_-_04_002-med.jpg

83Pics_of_SRT_and_SC_unit_NEW_9_-_18_-_04_001-med.jpg

Thanks for reading :headbang:
Doug

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks GREAT! :2tu:

I would hope a SC'd SRT-10 would bring about the same attention as a GTS! :headbang: It's just that a normal SRT-10 won't! :p

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Doug! I met you a few times in Florida. Not sure if you remember me, my buddy bought your old Porsche awhile back, and then back in the day i had the modded Porsches, along with Marco.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would hope a SC'd SRT-10 would bring about the same attention as a GTS! :headbang: It's just that a normal SRT-10 won't! :p

CASEY YOU ARE SO WRONG - I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT - JUST THE SAME BS CONSTANTLY FROM THE GEN I AND II. ;)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kit looks nice and clean. Can't wait to hear more details and how she performs.

John

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug,
Your car looks geat!!!! Do tell us about the dyno numbers.

-Lou

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

NORMAL is the key word here. Wanted, you must be stuck in traffic and your motor is overheating. Just go find some open road and cool it down. Take yor attitude where it belongs, and that's somewhere else. Dougs, car looks like a GTS-R(except with a convertable top) and MOST Viper owners want a new coupe that looks that way too. The only BS is coming from you.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Casey -

Thanks for your input! When I first purchased my SRT (show room stock) it didn't seem to have that 'WOW' effect like it does now. A few changes gave me the personal effect I was looking for in this car!

Allenlambo -
I do remember you! Small world isn't it :) . How are things and I see you left the Hurricane State :D

VD -
This is "basically" the system you will get when you purchase the SRT Viper system from Paxton, although this one is a prototype. I do have several parts for the actual system to support any tuner and DIY customers with the Paxton install, performance, modification & tuning.

Guys, thanks for reading and your comments are well taken :2tu:

Oh, and here's one of the rear wing in case you haven't seen it yet ;) ...

83Pics_of_SRT_and_SC_unit_NEW_9_-_18_-_04_005-med.jpg

Regards,
Doug

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug,
How much ;) :cool:
Fish -

$95K and you receive a free supercharger system when you buy this car :D

Call me tomorrow :)
Doug
Doug,
I sent you a pm. Are you serious about selling the car??? Any trades excepted? I will call you tomorrow.

Lou

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug how many miles on your car? i have somebody very interested. let me now how much horsepower it makes.

Max

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CASEY YOU ARE SO WRONG - I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT - JUST THE SAME BS CONSTANTLY FROM THE GEN I AND II. ;)

WANTED, it seems as though the debate over GENI & II vs GEN III styling is a touchy subject for you! Maybe you should take a ride in you Viper and you'll feel better! :p

I was simply stating that Doug's car LOOKS GREAT, and the Mysterious WHISTLE from the BLOWER will 'blow' people's mind if it's the first time they have heard/seen it, actually every time they hear/see it! :headbang:

Doug, SRT really shows a mean stance from that rear-side view!! :2tu:

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
NOMERCY -
Thanks! The trunk opens easily. The wing is attached to the trunk lid corners and lifts with the lid. There were no holes drilled and I can remove the wing in minutes if so desired.

ab -
The air -to - liquid is here to stay. I chose to utilize this system for low boost. It's very efficient for this application.

InjectTheVenom-
You've mistaken the wing for a Surfboard? How insulting ... It's a lunch tray! :) ;)

Marc -
Always nice to hear from you! Hoping to make it out that way soon :2tu:

JDawgy -
How are things? Don't forget to give me the heads-up.

Bill B -
See you on soon. The air box will improve the esthetics as well.

Thanks Rocket!

Everybody - I appreciate your input :headbang:

Doug

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug how many miles?
if you have some free time today give me a call.
lets talk viper ;)

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOMERCY -
Thanks! The trunk opens easily. The wing is attached to the trunk lid corners and lifts with the lid. There were no holes drilled and I can remove the wing in minutes if so desired.

Thanks!! :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62