Non Exotic Auto Transport... who to use?

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For higher end cars like Vipers, Ferraris etc... I like to use Gary Almond but I have a couple of cars I need transported via open carrier or the cheapest yet safe route possible. Who do you guys use?

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No experience, I looked at several options sending my Viper home last year, of 8 people I had quote they were the 2nd lowest, I just did not trust them with my car. If it would have been "a car" I would have.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D.A.S dependable auto shippers... cheapest out there.

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah right... :rolleyes: just ran quotes for a boxster and a 745i enclosed (only option)... $1,557 and $1,337 respectively for door to door from Bradenton to Raleigh about 720 miles. Probably the most expensive I've seen.

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intercity

Used them twice, excellent service. I've had friend's use them with similar positive comments. Reasonable prices especially if your moving coast to coast.

-Dave 01 RT/10 :usa:

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah right... :rolleyes: just ran quotes for a boxster and a 745i enclosed (only option)... $1,557 and $1,337 respectively for door to door from Bradenton to Raleigh about 720 miles. Probably the most expensive I've seen.

You can quote FedEx here http://passport.fedex.com/

$1,900 for both better.. thanks. How about some OPEN transport? Anyone know?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just trying to help guy... there were cheapest from coast-coast... maybe SE to NE is not there thing...

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAS enclosed actually means soft cloth curtain sides. Not exactly what you might think.

Actually, it appears that my prices are WAY lower than the ones you've been quoted. My price for each car is about $800. With the cost of fuel on the rise, I have been forced to increase my prices (not by much) for the first time since I started this business.

It's good to see that I'm still competitive with the big boys who don't offer near the level of service that I do. (Shameless self-promotion!).

However, having said that, you should still be able to find an open-trailer transporter that is cheaper. Sorry, I don't have any names.

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DAS enclosed actually means soft cloth curtain sides. Not exactly what you might think.

Actually, it appears that my prices are WAY lower than the ones you've been quoted. My price for each car is about $800. With the cost of fuel on the rise, I have been forced to increase my prices (not by much) for the first time since I started this business.

It's good to see that I'm still competitive with the big boys who don't offer near the level of service that I do. (Shameless self-promotion!).

However, having said that, you should still be able to find an open-trailer transporter that is cheaper. Sorry, I don't have any names.

Yet another reason to use Gary. :2tu:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your looking for an open carrier, i e cheaper, check out reliable transport. If your looking for the best enclosed at an inexpensive price, go with Gary Almond.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if we haven't yet we will soon be seeing a pretty good surcharge added for fuel price increases. A quote from dealer recently was at his cost, but he advised that prices have been rising steadily.

Anyone have a contact email for Gary Almond?
Thanks

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to call....

You must be registered for see images

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reliable Transportation was real good and they use enclosed trailers. $1,100 from Miami to Minneapolis. If your not in a huge hurry they are worth checking out! Your delivery depends on how many pick ups and drops they have. They advertise in Viper Magazine and haul all the new Vipers from the factory.

Good luck!