Non-polished rims on an SRT?

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally would not care for it much on a Copperhead Viper.

But some may really like it.

Kinda curious what the H-Spoke rims would look like in Competition Grey on a Copperhead Coupe.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kinda curious what the H-Spoke rims would look like in Competition Grey on a Copperhead Coupe.

Hmmm ... That makes me wonder about getting the stock Razors brushed and anodized clear like the CCW wheels in the link. They also have a brushed and anodized black treatment (non-gloss).

Maybe JonB or somebody could do exchanges and have stock wheels anodized clear (bright, almost white aluminum), anodized black or even chromed, as some folks may want ... I think the Razors might look good with all sorts of alternate finishes ... especially with the wild, new paint schemes for '08

(not a fan of powdercoating cuz they always chip around the lug nut holes)

Reaction score
I have sold some of those wheels to a customer on Colorado in a POLISHED form and they looked great! they are strong and light weight.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm ... That makes me wonder about getting the stock Razors brushed and anodized clear like the CCW wheels in the link. They also have a brushed and anodized black treatment (non-gloss).

Maybe JonB or somebody could do exchanges and have stock wheels anodized clear (bright, almost white aluminum), anodized black or even chromed, as some folks may want ... I think the Razors might look good with all sorts of alternate finishes ... especially with the wild, new paint schemes for '08

(not a fan of powdercoating cuz they always chip around the lug nut holes)

Refinishing and custom-finishing wheels is about a $800-$1000 deal, and readily available in most large cities. It would be difficult to justify stocking an assortment of wheels for exchange.....We'd have to tie up many thousands of dollars inventory to sell an $800 finish job that would not be competitive after you factor in shipping.

But I appreciate that you THOUGHT OF PARTSRACK, Thanks

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heck, I'd pay more than $1,000. The issue for me is time, not money. Who could allow their new '08 to sit up on blocks in their garage for two weeks while wheels get refinished? And then there's an additional trip and cost with the tire-mounting store if it's done locally, in two steps like that ...

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look like wheels from CCW. I have a set on a Vet. They look good and are agressive looking, and easy to keep clean because of the mat finish. I think something like this but a little less busy would be good on a Viper.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heck, I'd pay more than $1,000. The issue for me is time, not money. Who could allow their new '08 to sit up on blocks in their garage for two weeks while wheels get refinished? And then there's an additional trip and cost with the tire-mounting store if it's done locally, in two steps like that ...

I have the same 08 ordred as you, B5 Blue / White / razors. I may add the ACR package in December when it opens.

I am 'probably' installing Carbon Fibre wheels on it, and will be selling the Razors.
Maybe we can work a Trade-Refinish-Trade.

WINTER in the NW is when we refinish stored wheels... that's what WINTER is for !

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds good! I'll call between Tues-Friday when my car comes in. :2tu: