NOR-CAL COASTAL CRUISE – Saturday, August 6th - Vipers & Corvettes

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave asked me to post this post from the Corvette forum in hopes that some of us Viper folks will make a showing... Should be a good time! Let's get a bunch of Vipers on the road and join the fun!

NOR-CAL COASTAL CRUISE – Saturday, August 6th – Ready for another cruise? We’ll meet up early to beat the weekend beach-bound traffic. We’ll meet just off Hwy-101 at Hwy-1, a little North of Sausalito, then cruise up and over Mt. Tam to the coast, then through Stinson Beach, up though Pt. Reyes, and to the small town of Tomales. We’ll take a bio-break/leg-stretch/coffee-break in Tomales. Then we’ll continue North along Tomales Bay, then up the coast through Bodega Bay and up to Jenner, where we’ll turn inland on Hwy-116, and follow along the Russian River. We’ll stop for lunch at Howard’s Restaurant in Occidental. After lunch we can all just head out on our own, or we can either caravan on along Hwy-116 to Hwy-101 to head home, or we can choose to head back down the coast via Bodega Hwy off of Hwy-116, for a longer drive home.

This will likely be a somewhat leisurely cruise vs. a spirited, hard-driving cruise. Mainly because much of the route lacks passing lanes, thus we’ll inevitably get hung up behind the typical pokey mini van. And the scenery and views are great! So this is a good cruise to bring the better half along. Though we may get a few stretches where we can have a little cornering fun.

Meet at the parking lot of Frantoio’s Restaurant/Holiday Inn Express. Take 101 to the Hwy-1/Stinson Beach exit. You’ll see Frantoio’s on your right, about 100 yards West of 101. We’ll depart at 8:30am.

Please post if you will make the cruise, so we can get a head count. Thanks!

Pre-Cruise Caravan from Walnut Creek – Meet at the usual place (see below).

My Office – Countrywide Home Loans
101 Ygnacio Vally Rd, Walnut Creek

Meet at 7:15am at 101 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek – On the corner of Ygnacio Valley Road and Oakland Blvd – Between the BART tracks and Hwy 680. I’ll provide Starbucks & Danish.

We’ll depart at 7:30am.

If coming from the South or West, exit 680/24 at Ygnacio Valley Road – Make left hand u-turn at end of ramp – First building/lot on your right.

If you’re coming from the North, from 680 Southbound exit North Main Street (Head South-Downtown – Just keep to your right) – 1/4 mile, veer right onto California – Another 1/4 mile, turn right onto Ygnacio Valley – At first light, turn left onto Oakland Blvd – First building/lot on your right.

Get lost? – Call me @ 1-877-605-2016

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,

I'm 90% in on this one. I just have to check a few things. Dave puts on a good cruise. The last Viper / Vette cruise I went on was the Napa Valley cruise. Hopefully CalCobra and CSTER can make this one too.

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I are definitely going to try to make it out! We've got to get a babysitter lined up and we're in.

Christian

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've never been on one of these things before but would like to give it a go. However, I'm putting my car into the shop on Monday to get the AC fixed. I'm not sure if it'll be back in time.

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell your rep you really, really need it back in time! :D

Hope you can make it out. It would be sweet to have a bunch of Vipers out there.

Christian

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may go....it'll be a good opportunity to test out my new Vipermania windows with the top off, and it should be a lot cooler then the inland will be.

Cal

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get a few more Vipers to come along. Guys, the cruise should be great.

Christian

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that's typical. I've been home the past 2 weekends, but I'm leaving town on friday. I live about 2 min from frantoio's. Bummer!

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My AC's been fixed (albeit temporarily) so I should be able to go. I'll see if I can work out where I can meet up as I'll be coming from Sac area (which is a cruise in itself!).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R