Northeast NARRA Triple Play PDE & TT Offer!!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our friends at NARRA have put together a very special VCA Triple Play offer for the VCA and Northeast VCA membership. Whether you're a beginner, intermediate or want enjoy time trials, there's something for everyone! 5 NARRA track days on the east coast this year!!! See below for more details:
You must be registered for see images attach
Best 3 weekends NE Viper TT Championship Rules:

To enter the NE Viper Championship you must compete in 3 or more weekends; two or more of your choice (from RA, NJMP, VIR and MMC) plus the Watkins Glen finals weekend.

A North East Viper TT Championship trophy will be awarded for each time-trial class (TT-Unlimited, TT-1, TT-2 and TT-3) to the VCA member (current, paid member) with the most points from his/her best 3 weekends (or best 5 rounds), including the final Saturday round at Watkins Glen.

The benefit of going to more than the minimum 3 weekends is you get more rounds to choose your eligible points from, and you'll be in the running for the full Whelen US TimeTrial Championship too!

Contingencies from Hoosier, Cool Shirt, Moton, Sunoco, TeamTech and GoPro, and bonus points will apply as per Whelen US TimeTrial Championship rules, providing all conditions are met.

Remember, if you go to 3 weekends plus the Watkins Glen finals you're also in the running for the Whelen US TimeTrial Championship!

Sign up now to get your FREE membership, FREE magazine subscription, 7.5% entry discount:

1. REGISTER as a user on NARRAonline.com.

Fill out the following form, checking box for FREE Grassroots Motorsports Subscription and using the special code "VCATriplePlay".

(If you already have a NARRAonline.com login, go straight to your "Membership Dashboard" and step 3.)

2. Select your membership option, Regular or TimeTrial, and enter your the code "VCATriplePlay".

3. Email Lisakay Golde ([email protected]) with "VCA TriplePlay" in the subject heading or call her 817 829 4893.

List your Name, Car, Class, Contact details and the events you wish to attend.

To receive the 7.5% discount on all entry fees immediately you must pay for at least 3 events upfront.

Alternatively, we will apply your 7.5% discount on all entry fees to when you pay for your 3rd weekend.

Offer only valid to current and paid members from the NJ,NY/CT, PA, New England and Canada VCA clubs entering in the Beginner and Solo USPDE, and Whelen USTTC. Discount of 7.5% only applies to Friday test and weekend entry fees. Discount does not apply to any other fees such as, but not limited to, memberships, garages and banquets.

P1st0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just signed up for NJMP. This is going to be my first track outing. I just got new super sports so I am pretty excited.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P1stOn- you will love the event and those SuperSports are amazing. Any questions or issues before or during the event don’t hastateto let me know

carmined

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are the details for the Monticello event, what is required? I am with the NE Viper club. No instructors are going to be at the Monticello event, are beginners still allowed on the Track?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carmined- unfortunately there will be noHPDE at this event do to the tracks outside event rules not NARRA. This is avery private track and we have to follow their guide lines for outside events.There will be lots of great racing and Time Trials however. If you are a true beginnerto track events this would be a great event to watch but participating withoutan instructor is not recommended.

The Watkins Glen NARRA event would be a great event for you to attend. Lots ofinstructors, amazing track and it’s there year end event with a big banquet

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, please help me out understanding this cause I was pissed the medowlands was cancelled and so I was excited about monticello, but to be honest, when I did the TT class at NJMS last year that was a disaster. My car is nowhere in that class, I had no business being on the track with those cars, and I was up against track cars that I was just holding back. No fun. I kept having to go off line to let ACRs and CCs pass me all day, and then I picked up so much sh*t on my tires that the car wasn't even drivable after a few laps. So TT is out for me. From your last post, it seems like there only is TT. Talk to me my friend .... what to do ?

Thanks,
Andrew

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No PDE? ***. I skipped the NJMP event this year to save my money & tires for the Monticello event. Guess i need to find a diff event now.

I picked up so much sh*t on my tires that the car wasn't even drivable after a few laps.

+1, It is annoying going to these competative events where the majority of people are runing r-comps. Especaly when the ViperCup & UGT are tearing around the track leaving **** everywhere. Besides tires getting caked up, the front of our beautifull cars get splattered with rubber which is a ***** to remove the next day.
I assume that the dedicated trackers could care less about that though.;)

------------------------------------------------------------

I think at some point we should join forces with another club to do a regular non-competative trackday rather than relying on the NARRA. Like the one year(2008/2009?) we did the NJMP Lightening track with the AustinMartin Club. That was awesome. I think that other car clubs(not including the PCA & BMWclub) would be more than happy to come together to make an event happen.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew- There is no HPDE at Monticello .This is the rule that the track gave to NARRA so our hands are tied. I andeveryone else that did the time trials at NJ had a great time this year. Ireally recommend coming to Monticello in the time trial group. This is a veryprivate track with lots of members that paid $100,000 plus to join. It may bethe only opportunity for a lot of people to drive this track and in the Vipersyou guys will love it. Plus you get to watch some of the best racing there is while at a track nicer then most country clubs.

As for the passing issues. Well that’s a part of the competition. Trying tofigure out how to have the cleanest lap. I know it’s a pain buts it’s all apart of it. If you are being passed you should not move over. This makes you unpredictable.Hold your line and point the passing driver by on the side you want him to pass.If you do this you won’t pick up the extra tire rubber that’s off line. ( WhenI line up at the front I get 2-3 clean laps in for times before I start lappingcars, it’s a pain but part of the game) This track will be nice because of thelong straight always.

As for the black tire marks on the cars . I Don’t think anyone gets more ofthem then me and it comes of instantly with my orbital and wax.

Dom - sorry Drivers Ed so no instructors will be available.

I am always avaliable at these events if anyone has an issue with a turn or turns . Come see me and I can talk you through the right line.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting point, so here was my problem last year at NJMS. I'm out there like I said with ACRs and CCs; cars with full pit crews, hotels for trailers, and paint jobs that cost more than my car. I know and fully expect that these guys will be faster than me and will need to pass me, but I may have been the only ..... to use and Italian word my Mother would call me .... "Chooch", in a 2000 RT/10 out there and I was just holding back too many guys. I didn't feel right holding the line and pointing them by because I felt like I was an inconvenience to them so I went off line. AND I THOUGHT I WAS FAST - YOU KNOW I CAN PUSH MY CAR! Its a shame. I need to rethink Monticello now.

I hate to say it, and not to knock NARRA, but I long for the old days when we could go out there amongst similar drivers / cars, when you were the best on the track and you were the one I was always out to run against. It was different then. Now I am in a car 12 years old against drivers and cars that are killing me out there. I'd love to do another Pocono day or anywhere, where I was up against 1996 - 2006 vipers, some Vettes, Lambos, and so on. That was a blast!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And by the way, cleaning my car is not the issue. I take three days off work. One prior, one during, and one after just to get everything back to normal. A little elbow grease and the car looks as good as new in 24 hours.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always sign up for Watkins Glen in the DE groups.(less pressure on track just like our old DE days) By the way my buddy who is 70 did NJMP time trials with NARA this year in his 03' FE and he loved . He is going to monticello and the Glen. Hes hooked

"And by the way, cleaning my car is not the issue. I take three days off work. One prior, one during, and one after just to get everything back to normal. A little elbow grease and the car looks as good as new in 24 hours."

I thought Movie Stars didnt clean thier own cars ??????? :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave