NOS UPGRADE QUESTION(s)

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to summit racing this weekend to buy a nos system, my question is, what is nos system/amount is ideal for my car and its current upgrades? also, i plan on getting the roe SC, T and D rockers, throttle bodies, and the airbox upgrade etc, all via roe to go with the SC as he recommended. should i have this NOS installed now so i can start having some fun or should i wait and do it with or after the SC package upgrade? also, how safe is this NOS sh*t? i always hear horror stories of guys toasting the engines with it and while money is a concern for me, i dont like tossing it away for stupidity sake? educated and experienced input needed here guys and fast cause im buying this juice saturday, thnx for any legit input

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean's Supercharger and extensive mods(heads/cam) or NOS has not been tried yet,so its all new territory,why risk your engine?Wait for the experts to try it first,in the mean time run just the NOS or the supercharger with the 70mm tbs and 1.7 TDs + exhaust.Sean has shown that it is a safe and reliable combination.I can live with +/- 600rwhp for awhile.Once enough of his SC's are out ,I'm sure we will be hearing about new upgrades,NOS,etc..

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NOS system you need is the NX Kit that inludes the Warmer & Transducer which turns the bottle heater on at 900 PSI and shuts it off at 1100 PSI, purge kit, pressure gauge, manifolds, NHRA blow down tube & pop off valve. If I were you I'd contact Albert Choubler , he is a Nitrous Express Wholesale Distributor and he's about to place a really big order that would afford you an even bigger discount than he'd already give you! He has the absolute lowest prices on NOS. Then you could have your guys do the install. 713-857-9998. tell him I referred you if you do call.

NOS will be okay with the mods that you have. I'd start with a 100 pill and once you've gotten use to it, move to a 150 pill. As long as you have enough fuel you'll be fine. Always make sure you have enough fuel when using your NOS. With your mods I wouldn't go beyond a 150 pill. You'll be really tough to beat with a 150! Have fun.
BURNOUT.gif
Here are some pics of my install too so you have an idea going in about how things should be done. Don't let them give you a crappy install with everything showing & out in the open. Everything should be hidden.

DSC00137.JPG

DSC00138.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

DSC00150.JPG

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need a separate fuel cell with this setup? Where is it and how large is it?

P.S. Your N2O setup looks great. Now you need to hardwire your V-1!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Jeff I don't know how the heck to do it! I've always wanted to do it though. I've read a lot of threads about it but I'm not too mechanically inclined.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62