Now this, is Awesome!

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the picture I have been waiting for! I would love to have these three in my collection! I have to say seeing them all side by side, the 96 is still my favorite!

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So much pretty in one spot.

Hey, i recognize those cars. The one in the middle is mine. Michael, owner of the 96 GTS, arranged for the impromptu get together last weekend at Cars and Coffee Irvine.

The professional shot is better than anything I managed to get on the iphone. But here's a few more shots any way. :)

Attachments

• Blue-white Gen 2, 3 and 5 at Cnc Irvine 4-27-13.jpg
    Blue-white Gen 2, 3 and 5 at Cnc Irvine 4-27-13.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 287
  • CnC Irvine 4-27-13.jpg
    CnC Irvine 4-27-13.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4406.jpg
    IMG_4406.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 257

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you look closely at the third photo you will see that, contrary to popular belief, the ACR has enough headroom for a mohawk (its not me btw, I don't have enough hair for one).

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are. And it was a last minute idea. Probably could have had lots more if we'd thought of it earlier. :)

Very cool. I will be at the ALMS Laguna Seca event next Friday for the driver's dinner, along with the race and SRT hospitality suite, along with a bunch of NorCal guys. I hope to meet some of the SoCal members there. Do you know of any that are going to make it?

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool. I will be at the ALMS Laguna Seca event next Friday for the driver's dinner, along with the race and SRT hospitality suite, along with a bunch of NorCal guys. I hope to meet some of the SoCal members there. Do you know of any that are going to make it?

I'm not sure if others are going up or not. I'd sure like to go. But I have a client coming down to look at a car he's interested in and I don't think I can get away.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that's awesome! i love the 96, then gen V then the III in that order. no wait i love the gen v best. ah, i'd take all of 'em :)

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures! It does however look like the 4X4 ride height is back. Some seem to have it worse than others

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the ones on the left and right had offspring and it's the gen5. LoL. Best of both.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is interesting is that the Gen V looks the skinniest but I believe its actually the widest of the three. Nice pic though!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever I can get into a Gen V, I just don't know how it won't be a blue/white?? They are just beautiful......oh right....the money

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is interesting is that the Gen V looks the skinniest but I believe its actually the widest of the three. Nice pic though!

Pretty sure it's an artifact of using a wide angle lens. The edges get more distorted the further you get to the extremes. The Gen V is in the middle so it is the least distorted.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's an artifact of using a wide angle lens. The edges get more distorted the further you get to the extremes. The Gen V is in the middle so it is the least distorted.

That would make perfect sense, thanks!

AJ usmc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can see the "evolution" of the viper in the pic, especially in the grill opening and the head lights. plus with each gen the lines become sharper.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome picture. Thanks, for sharing. :2tu:

I can't believe I'm going to say this but in picture I preffer the gen3 looks. It also appears to be the newest model. I wonder if I'd feel the same way in person. No doubt the gen5 is the better car though.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I had a similar feeling with preferences for the way the cars look. The more I see the gen 5 on tv and in reviews and such, the more it has grown on me. However, seeing it side by side with the other body styles I'm not so sure anymore. The gen 1 and 2 will always be classics and still look good, but I tend to like the gen 3 front more. It's got a little more agressive look to it in my opinion, but that's also biased because my car is a gen 3. I see my mom's 94 and my 04 side by side all the time and I like parts of both. I like the nose of mine, but the side and back of her's. The headlights in the gen 5 just look weird to me in some of those pictures. New cars are starting to stretch them too far back down the fender for my taste. I like them short and squinty for the mean look.

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For me it's too hard to decide which looks the best... or even which one is the most fun to drive. So I think maybe one of each is the only solution that's going to work in the long run. :)

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For me it's too hard to decide which looks the best... or even which one is the most fun to drive. So I think maybe one of each is the only solution that's going to work in the long run. :)

I like your way of thinking. If I win the lottery I'll be right there with you!

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that if the front gill on the gen 5 was color matched instead of black it would look a lot better. I do like all gens can't wait to see a gen V in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh