Nurburgring ACR driving experience

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last Thursday I got to drive the Nurburgring ACR record holder ACR around Miller motorsports track!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I had my supercharged Sapphire/silver GTS ready to go last Monday for the drive to VOI 11, then the stupid road washed out and I had to scramble to find a flight and a passenger seat to get around Salt Lake City in. I had a lot of bad experiences which led to me attending VOI with a Green (I own a Viper, but couldn't bring it) wrist band. From that I was THE guy with the borrowed helmet that climbed into the Ring record car at the road course!

I admit that the Ring car was about 10mph faster than MY GTS :( going around corners. I admit that that car was also much faster slowing than my GTS.:omg: I thank Dodge (and Ralph G.) for bringing that particular car out of the museum so that I and others like myself could experience driving such an awesome famous car!

I also got to run an SRT (roof pressed on my helmet and I oversteered), and an SSG coupe. My buddy Joe C. asked me if I wanted to try his stock 2001 Sapphire/silver ACR around the autoX. I ran the exact same time in both. With some practise I feel that I could pick up a tiny bit of time after getting used to the "wire" throttle. But I was quicker than the owner of the ACR by a little although I was a bit over a second slower than the 702rwhp Paxton copperhead SRT of Clints.

Now that I've seen the 2012 - I'm not quite sure that my GTS and my ACR are the best looking cars on the planet, that new Viper is the nicest looking machine I've ever seen. Ralph G said that the NEW Viper will be ever been looking than the concept we saw at VOI. Raplh said that the hp model will be "beyond an ACR model" and it will have more hp as well as "much more aggressive styling.

I held off my opinion about the 2012 Viper until a couple hours after I saw it ... and now I no longer doubt what Ralph says. Believe your Dodge CEO - he has excellent taste and he did manage to invent a nicer looking GTS. I am blown away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a secret that the VCA members were priveledged to view thanks to Ralph Gilles considering the Viper Club people to be part of his family. Chris Marshall helped with that I think.

If there was pics then probably Ferrari, Aston Martin and GM vettes would steal the styling, but it is vastly prettier than any Ferrari ever built. Ralph said the actual cars that will be sold will be even nicer looking.

Save your money, I think I will.

Ted

handfore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything with high hp is a bonus but I have to agree 2010 makes me green eyed. Yes, like the rest opines start saving ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4