NW Toy Run

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies for the last minute announcement, but I just got word that some folks intend to go to this, and thought I'd get the word out just in case anyone else has the day free, and would like to attend.

James is planning on going, so if you would like to convoy or otherwise coordinate, please contact GreenViper by PM. The weather looks to be good!

NW TOY RUN 2009
6th ANNUAL

December 5, 2009
Time: 12:00 pm
Place: Pacific Raceways
Bring: unopened toy

TOYS FOR TOTS

YEP. THATS RIGHT! SATURDAY DEC. 5th 12:00pm AT PACIFIC RACEWAYS ( Pacific Raceways - Where The Excitement Is Accelerating.....For The Entire Family! ). DROP OFF TOYS AND ENJOY THE PEOPLE AND CARS. LAST YEAR WAS AT THE EXTREME. OVER 700 CARS. LOTS OF FUN, AND LOTS OF TOYS. WANNA MAKE THIS EVENT SO LARGE WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE TACOMA DOME IN A FEW YEARS. LOOKS LIKE IT'S GETTING THERE SO LETS GET IT GOING!!!

This is going to be a BIG ONE. I want to see everybody there. I mean everybody. This is for the CHILDREN that are less fortunate. I don't care what you bring, a hot wheel or a stuffed animal. Just an unopened toy. This will show the community that People DO CARE. This will be an open forum event. I will post on other forums. Feel free to post on others also. YOU NEED TO BE AT THIS ONE.
LETS MAKE SOME KIDS HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!

NWToyRun.com

The web page is not up yet, hopefully soon

Some pics from 08 http://www.flickr.com/photos/3338446...7611410571704/

I HOPE TO SEE EVERYBODY , I MEAN EVERYBODY who has ever looked at this page to attend. As you can tell last years was AWSOME and this years will be better!!!!!!!!! This will be on a saturday and even in the after noon so NO EXCUSES! HA HA HA!!!!

The last few years we have been meeting up and driving as together as we could. Proved to be very difficult and time consuming. This year you can do one of two things, meet as your own groups and roll up together ( most do this already) or just show up. Either way you will be part of history. See you there!

thank you
allan kettle

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve for posting this...

An email will be going out soon as a follow up. The plan is to meet at the Totem Lake mall by where Old Country Buffet used to be at 10:45-11 am tomorrow.

Remember this is a charity event and as a side benefit we get to be part of a car show... many of us have been doing this for years, let's see if we can beat the previous record of 5 Vipers!

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so the rumor is true the 10th Viper to show up tomorrow gets a free entry fee to the autocross... yeah that was supposed to be a surprise but now the cat is out of the bag...

I will start counting at Totem Lake, will call Paul to start counting those that respond from the South...

Thanks everyone for the interest... and good luck #10...

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try and get some pictures up soon, but yes we did go and our club donated 5 toys.... not bad considering the temperature was 28 degrees when I left our house.

We (Viper Club) parked with the MOPAR club which had quite a few examples of how to modify their cars and make them unique.

There were more cars this year than the 700 recorded last year but no one took an official count, rough estimate put it at around 800.
Some other high end marques were there including representation from our brothers at Maserati and Ferrari. There were a few non-street legal cars there and one even decided to show off driving on an ice puddle... ended up knocking both his front and rear spoiler off and taking them home in the car, good thing it wasn't a Viper. As expected, it was dominated by the imports.

Several companies donated to the event so there was free drinks, including coffee, hot cocoa, water and even energy drinks. The local Lexus dealer even donated free coffee mugs and insulated travel cups to those who came to donate toys.

In the end the 24 foot trailer was at least 3/4 full of toys, plus a check for $250 from the local autocross racers... it really was a great thing to see so many giving/caring people!

James