NY & CT VCA Officers Elections

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've Been a Viper owner since April 04. I just got a Ballot to nominate New Pres, VP, Sec, Tres etc. I would like to know who wants to run, Why, what they will change and how it will effect me and the NY & CT Viper Club in general. I would also think the current Officers should speak up on why they should be voted in for another term. I know there are complaints about certain things but I haven't been around long enough to judge this fairly. Lets get a discussion going on this topic. I tried to Post this under General Viper Discussion but it wouldn't work! :confused: Sorry!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to see more get togethers in different parts of NY and CT, track days including autocross and drag for you queens :shocked: ,fundraisers or just for a good cause event. also someone who is on top of things would be great. guys have any suggestions? lets start throwing some names around cause i dont know where to start. :usa:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the club members I will be running again for vice president (Adrian Byrd)and would love to talk to everyone and anyone personally on some of my ideas. My phone number is in the 2004 club book and if you do not have one send me a e-mail and I will give it to you. Win or lose I look forward to having great runs with you guys in 05. Thanks for reading. *** BLK (Adrian Byrd)

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to do it, but can't. Being honest, I've been asked, but no way. We need someone with the time and the ideas to be able to put things together, listen to the members !!!! and organize events. Once the spring comes along, it seems to me that being president and really doing a good job means a few hours every week to devote to the job. I don't know how a guy with a full tme job, kids, wife, house, so many things to do has the time. I don't, but I'd definately help out when asked. This whole thing shouldn't be such a strict, rigid thing. If the President is a reasonable guy, and gives me a call and says, hey Andrew, I need some help can you do this and that. No problem.

Bad Car

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe we should have an elected position who just plans events.(Such as Track Days,Cruises,Car Shows,Fundraisers)

CT GTS SCUBAPRO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andrew,
This year the Viper club of New Jersey tried a different approach to event planning and currently is voting to change it's bylaws to reflect what we all consider an overwhelming success. We have the usual four elected officers and also have an appointed "Leadership Committee (LC)". The LC usually meets with the officers to discuss Viper Club issues, but most importantly to plan events. We do this as a team and work the event as a team with either one of the officers or a member of the LC taking charge of the event. At it's inception, certain club members were asked to participate as volunteers to the LC. Now the current LC members were on the ballot with writeins encouraged for we wanted real hands on, enthusiastic members to be a part of this. We meet once a month usually at one members home or office for dinner and libations. It is always a lot of fun and yes, we do get the work done as well. If you or anyone else from your club wants to sit in on any of our meetings to see how we conduct them, feel free to contact Bob Caroll for approval. :2tu: :usa: