Offers from dealers on the 2003 SRT/10

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am getting offers from Dodge dealers about purchasing a new 2003 Viper SRT/10. At least 3 different dealers have sent cards and letters to me! Man I only wish I could afford one! I thought these offers only went to original Viper owners, but hey, we've only owned our '94 for just a bit over 3 years now. Obviously I'm not the original owner, but I have put more miles on the car than the original owner did! Does that count instead? Anybody else out there getting these same offers?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I'm getting these too. I've called them and they are agressively trying to get certs. I don't really know why, one said "making money on the volume" one said "I want to be the biggest seller of 03s, maybe that will help my alloc next time". WHo knows, but I say the buyer wins on this deal, and I gotta thank Dodge for taking care of us owners.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a letter too. Needless to say...my certificate is spoken for already. What I want to know is how this dealer got my name and address. If they are using VCA membership roles for this, I find it very wrong. And, probably against by-laws of the VCA.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The VCA membership list is NEVER available for rental or purchase, and our officers have clear knowledge of the private nature of their lists.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your post, Joe. I had raised the "list issue" in a previous post when my wife started getting out-of state letters wanting her business...from dealers that were UNKNOWN to us. Now it is NOT rocket science to track some of who post here as many are quite open about info. However, wife does NOT post, and only "insider" would know that )she has a certificate (or was elgible for same, at least in MY opinion. That said, however, there is more than one source of owner lists. Therefore it does NOT mean it came from ANY VCA officer(s).

Steve Fess Sec. Ind/Ky Region VCA

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Joe. The letter I got was from an individual who claimed to be "in" with a dealer local to him. He also wrote that he would be an officer in the VCA if he had the time. I can also report that I had never even heard of the Dodge dealer before that was making the supposed offer. Finally...my name must have been taken from a VCA list as all my documention from the VCA comes to Matt Morris. Not my full legal name that my car is registered under. Joe...please contact me directly if you want more info. I may still have the letter..but I know who the dealer was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave