OHM range for gas gauge

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know the OHM resistence range on the fuel level sending unit?

I installed a safety fuel cell and am trying to get the gauge to work....:smirk:

Thanks in advance...

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't already installed it, assuming it's not the OEM unit, can't you just check them side by side with an ohm meter on each one and sweep the float arms for comparison? Or is the sender already in the tank and not working. Not sure if you can find that as a published spec unless those SRT guys will be kind enough to hook you up with the info.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't already installed it, assuming it's not the OEM unit, can't you just check them side by side with an ohm meter on each one and sweep the float arms for comparison? Or is the sender already in the tank and not working. Not sure if you can find that as a published spec unless those SRT guys will be kind enough to hook you up with the info.

Yes, we used an ohm meter on the OEM unit that came out of the tank on the fuel pump hanger. We can't get an accurate reading that goes along with the OHM range...

I was told that the OEM range is 0-empty and 73 ohms-full. Now to get back with Fuel Safe to see if they have a sending unit for this range.

The sending units I got with the tank from VPA were for a comp coupe and they use a differnt sender/OHM range....:(

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The damn custom sender to work with the OEM gauge is $375.....:omg:.

Looks like finding an aftermarket gauge to match my existing sender is next....:smirk:

dsquare

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just troubleshot and fixed mine and the specs are in the service manual for resistance. I am on travel and don't have access to the manuals but maybe someone will look it up for you if you still need it. I can't remember exactly but I was referencing two of the four manuals so it might not be in the big one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger