Ok what’s the deal with parts?

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
I took my 00 GTS into the shop in late June for an air conditioning leak. They still have my car 10/2 because the suction hose that I need seems to be unavailable. I have been told that this part is on back order and quite a few people are in this situation.
Is this what we can expect from Dodge now that the government is in control? I want my car back!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the hose is not of a special configuration or end connection just have one made. Or if it is special see if a hose shop could use the existing ends and make the new hose with the old connectors. This is typically not rocket science rebuilding hoses and such.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was the Wizard called? That's why he's the Wizard. If he can't find one then I concur that the best bet is to have one made from a hose shop that does high pressure hoses.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AC hoses are rebuildable with no adverse affect. Cheap and quick. John Ask the service manager if it's permissable and will the warranty on this part be as if it was a new unit. It should be fine repaired this way. John

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is the part # 5245035 you are in for a long wait. 19 on order with none showing to be built anytime soon. I would start looking used or repair what you got. Why would you leave your car for a ac problem?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get your car now

don't call to tell them you are coming, just show up with a camera and 2nd set of keys

run, don't walk

OP
OP
Barry

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
Give Chuck a call!

Chuck and I had a long talk about this. Bottom line is I have a long wait.
I could rebuild it but then if it fails more parts will be damaged and the dealer won’t take that chance.
Drive a Viper in the summer with no air? Too hot for me.
Thanks everyone.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could rebuild it but then if it fails more parts will be damaged and the dealer won’t take that chance.
Thanks everyone.

Well its officially Fall now, so pick up your car and when the hose comes in take it back.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry, stop fretting over something so simple! Get your car and have an independent shop repair the hose or ask the dealer to do it. If the rebuilt/repaired hose fails, the freon suspends some of the lubricating oil for the compressor as well as the freon/134a which will be disabled by the pressure switches in the system. Nothing will be damaged--NOTHING!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chuck and I had a long talk about this. Bottom line is I have a long wait. I could rebuild it but then if it fails more parts will be damaged and the dealer won’t take that chance. Drive a Viper in the summer with no air? Too hot for me. Thanks everyone....

ANY A/C Specialty Shop can make that hose in a few days.....take em your bad one. That A/C kit is primarily off a CARAVAN, not the Space Shuttle..

It aint a moving part! The system is protected. The dealer boogie-manned you to fright about NOTHING. If it FAILS it will just leak.....not morph into a boa constrictor on your neck or your motor.

Taking the Viper summer off for no A/C, and you dont live in Vegas / Fla / SoCal ? WOW !

Not to mention we have USED parts......

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

**** it up and go get your car!!! That's about the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Have one made and move on. Better yet sell it and get a vette. :rolleyes:

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You live in NJ?

I live in FL and would drive it with no A/C in the summer :)

Even if you aren't going to drive it I would strongly suggest you go pick it up and have them call you when the part comes in. I remember at least 3 dealerships crashing customers Vipers while they were 'servicing' them.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You left your Viper at the dealership waiting for an A/C part??? for 3 months????...You obviously have fallen out of love with your Viper. Please forward me the keys and I will go get it for you and bring it back to a loving home. It's not like you will miss it anyways....hahaha

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cherry Hill, NJ? Too hot for a drive in October... huh?

My Gen2's always ran like slugs with the A/C on. Never used it.

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've had your car since June?? Yikes! I think I would have ordered the part, but kept the car in MY garage while waiting for it to arrive...

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you pick up your car, assuming you intend to before the hose is repaired, better have them check the heater as soon it will be too cold to drive.:smirk:
PAvenom RT/10

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** to hear that the part has kept you from driving this long. Hell I have AC and don't even use it in Texas. I drove my car during the summer in 105 plus heat and never turned it on. Maybe I should just part out my AC :)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I have AC and don't even use it in Texas. I drove my car during the summer in 105 plus heat and never turned it on.

I live in Phoenix and not only do I not use the AC in my Viper in the summer; but I turn on the heater just to make sure it is not too cold in the cockpit ! :lmao:

JK