OK, who knows? Drilled/slotted rotors. What direction do they go on?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen so many Vipers with drilled/slotted rotors, and so many of them are on like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

And so many are on like this:
You must be registered for see images

Which is it? Who know for sure, which is better for cooling etc.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen them installed both ways. I think if they actually have the directional cooling vanes, they will be installed in the "reverse" direction. The generic rotors tend to go on with the direction of rotation.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it doesnt matter what direction their facing. Talked to Power Stop about this couple of months ago. Its all preference.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey, they go like on the blue car. At the Ultimate Street Car Challenge, I remember the guys from Brembo telling me I had them on backwards. I had them on like the black car. It was my understanding that when they face like they do on the blue car, the rotor slots cut into the pads better for less glazing and cleaner stopping. :2tu:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from drilled rotors. They tend to crack. I will post something on my drilled front rotors to describe what happened. I just changed them yesterday. After 3000mi they were cracked ...

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some actually have an R and L on them. You need to really look carefully for it, not obvious at all. Depending on the rotor it is important especially if the cooling vains are angled.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed my EBC (slotted,dimpled) and they had right and left stamped on the rotors. They installed as in the black viper. I guess it depends on the manufacturer.

OP
OP
C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all! I was thinking the blue as well. But my fronts were on one way and my rears were on the opposite. :shocked:
I guess I need to pay more attention when I am putting the wheels back on after cleaning! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth