1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Pilots vs. PS2???

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by RedEnuf93, Jun 23, 2008.

1. RedEnuf93

RedEnuf93 Enthusiast

Time to get new rears or a whole set of rubber.

I've read some of the comments regarding PS2 sidewall softness and was wondering if you are happy with the PS2's? Whats the real difference with the Pilot's and PS2's, traction, hard cornering, tire wear etc.

I was really happy with the Pilot's, they even lasted 2 summers, not bad. I'm looking at 295/30's in front and the regular 335/30's in rear. I had the 285's in front and they worked nicely.

I drive a blown GEN1, VERY spirited. (mostly canyon carving and occational Ferrari chasing at the Pocono's...)

Any advise greatly appreciated!

RUBBERSIDE DOWN!!!

2. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Enthusiast

The ps2s are even better than the old pilots with much better grip, as an aggressive daily driver or track days. I got the best price from John at PartsRack too. Give him a call. You will be surprised at the difference.

3. voi9

voi9 Viper Owner

Got the new PS2's from Jon B a few months ago also. Great price! :2tu: I love the ride!:drive:

4. Venum S 1

Venum S 1 Viper Owner

I have had both on my car and the ps2's have a noticeable better grip. I just tried it out yesterday! They grip very well where my pilots I would wheel hop bad.

5. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Enthusiast

ditto......

6. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Enthusiast

I too just recently put PS2's on my RT/10 and the car rides and handles really well.:drive: Cannot compare as my Pilots were old and had already dried out when I bought the car.

And, I too bought from JonB, good price and fast ship (to Tators Dodge, of course).:headbang:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!