Once we have the certificate, how will build........

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
order be determined. I have heard many different stories, including a lottery of valid certificates. Anyone have any information on this part of the process??

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt,

I have no inside info on this... but consider that if Dodge did something special to distribute these cars, they would almost certainly come under fire for not doing so fairly. There are MY predictions, and just guesses, in order of the chance they will happen.

1) Cars will be distributed according to color and how many cars are going to one place. I doubt Dodge is going to entirely redo their distribution method - so buying from a larger dealer is probably better than a small one, as it always was. They are going to make these cars, one color at a time, and I expect red will be first.

2) They might give cars to people who will attend VOI first. They have a vested interest in getting a bunch of SRT's in one place, which would bring a lot of exposure and generate interest from other owners and VOI attendees. Also, press coverage of a bunch of SRT's in one place would be big.

3) Perhaps VCA member will get a better production slot than non-members? Just a guess. Dodge would have to seperate deliveries in mass groups, not individual people. I don't think they could do it in order of who owned their Viper the longest - too hard to maintain. But to give VCA members preference MIGHT be doable.

Again, all just speculation!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been no official announcement from Dodge as to how they will determine the build order of the SRT10. It has been made clear that they will come out in batches, based on your color selection. I can tell you that there will be no VCA advantage, since legal will not allow it. At this point it will be the luck of the draw as to when you get your order filled.

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now wait a minute, Steve. I know you and truly respect you, but if only VCA members have certificates, how can you say there will be no VCA advantage???? DC gave us not only the advantage, but the whole first year's production assuming that those of us who applied for the certificate did so for the purpose of actually buying the car. GO VCA!!!!!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA members were not the only ones to get certificates. The certs went to "any current VIPER OWNER that bought new and still owns their Viper today." Now it was because of the VCA presence that this happened, but that was the extent of VCA benefit. You could say that VCA members will have the advantage, since we generally know how the system worked in advance.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, A dealer who is well respected on this site has said that all the certs. will be randomly drawn for order of production after the final closing day they can be mailed in. Can you comment on this? It seems to make sense especially if they were then grouped by color.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is that would not surprise me, but nothing has yet to be finalized. and that was told to Tony Estes and I last Tuesday in a meeting with Dodge. Quite honestly, who gets it when, was not a topic because it really does not fit into the VCA's area. The VCA assisted in getting the Cert program done (yes they used us as the example of why they need to do it), but finding out the order of when and why is really not something we need to have any knowledge of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave