One More Thank You to JonB

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holiday Season & I wanted my tires & wheels on before Thanksgiving (so I could show them off) I called JonB Friday afternoon & told him I needed a new set of tires & when I needed them by. Come Monday morning the Kumhos were on my doorstep, had them mounted that same day & I was set to go. Good Price on top of that!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the pictures I was supposed to post for mattdillion!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wheels look nice.

ya know JonB is slipping. i sent him an email the other day, it took him 23 minutes to reply with a price. i mean seriously? what kinda service is THAT ?

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU so much Ryan. They really turned out nice, I got the wheels from (Fatboy) & the tires from JonB. I never realized How Much difference a set of tires can make. The old ones only had 7,900 miles on them but were 10 years old (it really was scary to drive it) these Kumhos feel like they have stick-em on them. I feel 100% safer now, kinda scared to get on it now because I might break something in the rear end. I know alot of the guys are going with the 6 spokes right now(you really can't beat the price)but I really liked the 5 spokes on my car. I had actually looked at the Astras, I thought they would have looked Awesome with the Steel Gray but I didn't want to wait 2 months (what they said) for them to be made.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU so much Ryan. They really turned out nice, I got the wheels from (Fatboy) & the tires from JonB. I never realized How Much difference a set of tires can make. The old ones only had 7,900 miles on them but were 10 years old (it really was scary to drive it) these Kumhos feel like they have stick-em on them. I feel 100% safer now, kinda scared to get on it now because I might break something in the rear end. I know alot of the guys are going with the 6 spokes right now(you really can't beat the price)but I really liked the 5 spokes on my car. I had actually looked at the Astras, I thought they would have looked Awesome with the Steel Gray but I didn't want to wait 2 months (what they said) for them to be made.

I forgot, but those are 19's on the rear & 18's on the front. I really thought it would close the gap a lil' more, didn't know if I really wanted to go to 20 & 19's. Do most of you just lower the car about a inch or so or what do you do.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.............ya know JonB is slipping. i sent him an email the other day, it took him 23 minutes to reply with a price. i mean seriously? what kinda service is THAT ?[/quote]

i think his wrist isn't fully healed yet.....
23 mins, sheesh :D

You know, 16 pc of Titanium and Stainless in the shape of a snake, installed inside arm and wrist HAS slowed me down! My left hand fat-fingers almost everything, and if it weighs more than a pair of brake rotors, it is painful to lift! Waaah Waaaah....

And COLD? When the temp here is below 35, the circulation in that area is slowed, and aches like a root-canal. Waaaah...Waaahhh. And its worse on Mondays for some reason......

http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-...oo-i-had-viper-installed-inside-x-rayted.html

Thanks Guys........

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Guys, I've had new tires on for about a week now(Kumhos) & I just goosed it a lil' yesterday & it started to wheel-hop pretty bad. Is this to be expected or what, I Do Not want to break anything (rear end). I was rolling about 20mph when I did it. Thanks for any suggestions (other than control my right foot, I know about that one)
I just wanted to see how much difference it was between the old tires & new ones when you give it a lil' gas. With the old ones, the rear end would have already swung around.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B. is the man! I ordered a pair of the SRT-10 brake rotors he has on special and could not believe how quick they arrived.
The guy under-promises and over-delivers every time!

John Baringer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Guys, I've had new tires on for about a week now(Kumhos) & I just goosed it a lil' yesterday & it started to wheel-hop pretty bad. Is this to be expected or what, I Do Not want to break anything (rear end). I was rolling about 20mph when I did it. Thanks for any suggestions (other than control my right foot, I know about that one)
I just wanted to see how much difference it was between the old tires & new ones when you give it a lil' gas. With the old ones, the rear end would have already swung around.

Just put a new set of rims on from JonB also, and Kumhos on my Gen1, and having the samething happen. Get into the gas a little, and back starts to wheel-hop. Would imagine we are getting more traction with new shoes! Hope someone will post with a comment or even a solution!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth