Only 640 hp? ***

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys !!

Look at these stats on 0-60 times for the mustang your all cooked up about and its HP rating. First of all you can see on teh chart the 2011 gt500 shelby does the same numbers as the 1996 GTS does. Hp rating for that car is 550HP and 510Trq. 96 GTS is 450HP and 490 Trq. Yet the same quarter and 0-60 times. Now take the Gen III cars with 505 Hp and less Hp again that that Mustang, and you get numbers beating that 550 Hp car. Numbers mean nothing. It is what is put to the ground. The 2010 ACR with 38 less Hp and 40 less trq than the ZR1 put out better numbers and Nurburing numbers they still cant beat.

With the new SRT GTS, the new mUstang with its 650 Hp will be eaten alive by this Viper if history tells the tale. If you do the equations , the Gen 4 cars and even the Gen 3 cars will keep up and maybe take the 2013 Shelby. The Nwe 2013 will destroy it in all aspects. Wait and see. Then all the mustang guys will ** hum. Where were they in Nurburing?...where are tehy in the 24 lemans...nowhere!!..They dont belong there. They can't compete there. Even with all that HP they supposidly produce.

Proof is in the pudding and, those guys never stood or stand a chance once again. The ZR-1 will also be looking at the LED taillights of the New SRT. They wre with 38 more Hp and will once again with less.

Here is the link to the 0-60 and quarter times of the mustang and which ever car you want to look up

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Ford-0-60-mph-Times.html
Comparing apples to oranges a 57 k car designed to drag race the other is a 137k car designed to roadrace .The 2013 COBRA makes GREAT POWER but its VERY HEAVY (EXACTLY 3950 LBS WITH DRIVER )thats why in stock form its not that impressive numbers wiseWHEN COMPARED TO A GEN 5 .Ford though KNOWS very few people buy COBRAS and leave them STOCK .With a FEW MINOR aftermarket tweaks THEY BECOME MONSTERS Eight hundred driveable reliable hp IS VERY EASY number for that platform

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparing apples to oranges a 57 k car designed to drag race the other is a 137k car designed to roadrace .The 2013 COBRA makes GREAT POWER but its VERY HEAVY (EXACTLY 3950 LBS WITH DRIVER )thats why in stock form its not that impressive numbers wiseWHEN COMPARED TO A GEN 5 .Ford though KNOWS very few people buy COBRAS and leave them STOCK .With a FEW MINOR aftermarket tweaks THEY BECOME MONSTERS Eight hundred driveable reliable hp IS VERY EASY number for that platform

There is that damn price again.

On a side note, as far as comparisons go, I always thought is was funny that a ZR1 claimed 638 HP, yet never dyno'd more than 535 or so. Same as the 600 HP Gen IV Viper. Don't give me any nonsense of different drivetrains, etc. Use the same percentage drivetrain loss as a Z06 that could put down 440 and you don,t have a 638 HP car. This is why the Gen IV Viper could take it on some 0-60 and drag race tests. It had more low end torque and same HP. Quite frankly, I feel like fhe owners of ZR1's were robbed and lied to.

As far as the Mustang goes, I think it would need at least a 100 HP bump to have a chance of over coming the Gen V Viper 0-60. Let's not forget the last car SRT claimed was 640 HP put down 600 to the ground (ACR-X). I can't wait to see a Gen V dyno. Hopefully it is me doing it.:D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is that damn price again.

On a side note, as far as comparisons go, I always thought is was funny that a ZR1 claimed 638 HP, yet never dyno'd more than 535 or so. Same as the 600 HP Gen IV Viper. Don't give me any nonsense of different drivetrains, etc. Use the same percentage drivetrain loss as a Z06 that could put down 440 and you don,t have a 638 HP car. This is why the Gen IV Viper could take it on some 0-60 and drag race tests. It had more low end torque and same HP. Quite frankly, I feel like fhe owners of ZR1's were robbed and lied to.

As far as the Mustang goes, I think it would need at least a 100 HP bump to have a chance of over coming the Gen V Viper 0-60. Let's not forget the last car SRT claimed was 640 HP put down 600 to the ground (ACR-X). I can't wait to see a Gen V dyno. Hopefully it is me doing it. hand :D
I can tell you this the test driver that ran 11.2 at 129 plus in my stock GEN 4 also had a hand in developing the 2013 COBRA .Without revealing exact times its fair to say thats its a drivers race between the two