Opinions on exhaust note....Borla, Corsa, B&B??

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
About to purchase aftermarket exhaust for my '96 RT.....feedback on sound quality from owners that have the following three systems installed......

Borla, Corsa and B&B

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure this will help since my car is a Gen I with side exhaust. However, I recently purchased and installed the Roe Racing 2 1/2" HF flow round cats and 3" side exhaust system with turnouts. WOW what a difference in sound quality. Much deeper and definitely louder....what a Viper should sound like. I suggest you contact Sean at Roe Racing and discuss his suggestions for your 96. :usa:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're interested in the Mopar/Borla catback, I might be able to give you a better price than what you've found...

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do a search with those name brands,and get lots of great opions............love my B&B by the way.......

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having been through the exhaust thing with the Z-06, my suggestion is to get to a Viper Club event or Viper Days event so that you are able to hear several different systems / combinations. Exhaust sound is too subjective IMHO. What one guy thinks is sweet, another may think it stinks!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 RT/10 have side exhaust or rear exhaust? I have a 97 GTS. After I installed the Corsa 3" catback system I was somewhat disappointed with the exhaust note. It reminded me of a UPS truck. My neighbor even told me that he thought he was getting a UPS delivery. Then I had my Viper Tech, Ted May install headers and Hiflow cats (making it a full 3" system). What a difference that made. The car sounds great now. Deep, throaty rumble during cruise and just mean sounding on WOT. The irritating drone is gone during hwy cruise. If you go with Corsa, I would highly recommend headers and hiflow cats. Plus, IMHO Corsa has the best looking tips. :cool:

Borlas sound good too. Much better then stock but a little too loud for me. Never heard B&B so I can't opine on them. Which ever brand you go with will be a great improvement over stock. Hiflow cats are the key to the sound.

As Viperjoe says, opinions on exhaust sounds are subjective. Your best bet is to listen to the different brands in person. Good luck!

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't want to go "full" exhaust (headers, etc), I recommend Snake-Oyl cat-back exhaust. I think they're 2 1/4" pipes. They make the Viper sound like a classic V8. Lee had his put on at Woodhouse when bought new (I think at Bill P's recommendation). Has a nice idle, burbles at the release of the gas, and throaty at WOT.

ViperJoe is right, you should go to a VCA meet and listen to the exhaust notes. I'm sure owners wouldn't mind starting them up and drive-by or take you for a short ride. I think the best way to hear the exhaust is at a dyno day. You're right there when the car is idling, starting up at part throttle, you hear it on the release of the gas, and at WOT.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we had a site here that had a bunch of .wav files with all the the different exhaust setups...

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's one file floating around that has full Belanger exhaust.

P.S. what company is B&B? Is that Belanger?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rode in Ron Hickey's '01 bumblebee with 3" Corsas (with tubes and K&Ns). It sounded nice, deeper than the Snake-Oyl's, but not as burbly. More proof that the favorite exhaust is in the ears of the beholder.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard sound files of all three. B&B is my choice...in every way - sound, design, performance, quality, stainless steel. Yes! :laugh:

You must be registered for see images

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
B&B all the way. It sounds very similar to the "Muscular Throaty" tone of the Borla, but 2 of the Borla shortcommings are eliminated with the B&B; no drone, and no hassles with making the system a FULL 3 inches. Borla has 2.5" inlets, while B&B has 3" inlets, and REMOVABLE reducers. In my opnion, B&B cannot be beat.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B&B sounds the best...........so I've been told by a couple people that have claimed to have heard more than a few different Viper exhaust systems.
I was going to buy the Corsa, then decided on the B&B for upgrade reasons. The B&B allow for a direct bolt on header system to complete the package (no welding).
After being at Viper Days and seeing some video of my car along with others. I'd have to say, I think the B&B sounds not only the best, but also the most unique.

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Checked out B&B's site for latest exhaust prices.

He ONLY lists products for 1996-1999 Vipers and nothing later. So no 2000-2002? :(

http://www.bbtriflo.com/shopsite/vip.html

In fact he doesn't even list RT/10s only GTS. But that can't be right, I thought the undercarriage of the RT/10 versus GTS was pretty much identical (as far as the exhaust system goes anyway).

or has he not updated his web page lately?

any 2000-2002 B&B customers? (also does he do RT/10s?)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The website is just not updated. I asked about this quite sometime back. The B&B system works for 2000-2002 Vipers, including RT/10 Vipers. But if you're talking about Vipers with side pipes, that's a whole different beast.

It has been suggested that perhaps they saw how Dodge switched from Manifolds to Tubular, and didn't realize they still bolted up the same.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my B&Bs. They seem to make a deeper sound than the others.