Overnighter to St. Augustine

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have another combined event with the South Florida VCA & Central Florida VCA. The South Florida club plans to leave Miami late morning Friday Feb. 25th, coming through Central Florida around 2:00-2:30 pm for a late lunch and then a caravan to St. Augustine. We are working on more details with South Florida and will revert next week. There are some nice drives and great meals in this beautiful picturesque town.

Even if you are only tentatively planning to go, please email; Cathy Smiley ([email protected]) John Canal ([email protected]) and Blair Retchin [email protected] in South Florida ,who will be coordinating with us for this spectacular weekend . We are finding that even just a quick response, saying that you are planning to go at this point ,will give us some idea of the turnout for our club. It is better to make hotel accommodations for more people, rather than fewer people. Here is a draft itinerary:

Friday Feb. 25th:

1000 hrs South Florida Chapter departs for Orlando (We are sure they will not exceed the posted speed limits)

1400 hrs Meet at “Route 46 Entertainment District” in Sanford Florida for Lunch

1600 hrs Depart Sanford for St Augustine (BACK ROADS)

1800 HRS Arrive St Augustine (Either Hilton Bay front or Casa Monica, reverting with details)

2000 HRS Dinner TBA

Saturday Feb 26th:

1000 hrs Depart for a scenic tour down A1A along the ocean, then westbound through beautiful North Florida country side and back to St Augustine

1300 hrs Prince of Wales, English pub for lunch

1600 hrs Tour historic St Augustine

1900 hrs Dinner at Columbia Restaurant

Sunday Feb 27th.

1100 hrs Brunch TBA

1300 hrs Everyone heads home

Again, please indicate by reply if you are interested. More info to follow.

:drive:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I might be up for it! Was needing to have DLM tune my care anyways. Would work out perfect.

OP
OP
R

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are coming Doug.

I miss my old 1,000hp DLM Viper. I beat on that car for 36,000 mile and it is still the only car I ever owned that was bulletproof. If you can wave your magic wand again I would appreciate it. I am still suffering from boost withdrawals having a stock GenIV:( so we need to chat about this over dinner.

:drive:

OP
OP
R

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hampton Inn is the hotel of choice for this weekend cruise event. I just called and they have 12 rooms left so hurry up if you have not reserved a room. There are only 4 oceanside rooms left @ $149 or streetside rates are $129. When you call tell them ask for the Viper club price since we are receiving a $30 per room group discount.

http://www.elitehospitality.com/cms/page.aspx?pageid=169

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well turns out I have a bachelor party that weekend in Nashville. It was in March and they rescheduled it!!! Not sure what I am going to do now...

Will let you know Chad.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP.....under 2 weeks left. Anyone else sign up recently to go?

I really wasn't feeling the wake up at 3am and leave GA at 4am thing, so I'm going down Friday (plan to be in St. Augustine by early afternoon) if anyone else will be in town then.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, let me know when it gets to the week of. I doubt I have anything going on that Friday and you could stop off in Jville and go to your favorite restaurant on your way down. Ill buy.

:usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, let me know when it gets to the week of. I doubt I have anything going on that Friday and you could stop off in Jville and go to your favorite restaurant on your way down. Ill buy.

:usa:

I've never said no to ******* before, why start now? :D I know you said you wouldn't be spending the night, but you going down on Saturday?