PA members going to VOI

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
So, who is going to VOI from PA? I remember seeing a post/email/something from PaViper that mentioned driving down on Wednesday, but I can't find it. Thought I'd check in and see what the plans are. Is everyone already booked at the Embassy Suites? Any other hotel where PA members are staying?

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning to drive down on Wednesday with a stop at the Tail of the Dragon on the way.

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm going on Friday. PaViper is planning a caravan. Returning on Sunday. Staying at Residence Inn.

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My original plan was to leave VOI on Sunday with the caravan, but I'm considering staying until Monday. Anyone else planning to leave Monday that would be coming up I-77 to I-64 to I-81?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
markk, I'm planning to leave Monday morning from VOI and travel up 85 / 77 / 79.

A few of us are leaving from Pittsburgh Wednesday morning to travel down to VOI and meet up with the group from Ohio. If you're interested in joining us let me know.

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Stretch, there is a caravan leaving Harrisburg on Wednesday morning, but I don't have the details yet. Not sure if we'll be meeting up with any other groups. I'm on the opposite side of the state (near Scranton), so I-81 is really my best route.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah looking at the routes from the two sides of the state I don't think we'll be crossing paths on the way there. That's ok though, we will still see you in NC!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are leaving Wednesday morning around 9:00 and going down I-81 to Route 77

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm going to stay at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites (15 Capital Dr, Harrisburg) on Tuesday night. Any others? There is also a Hampton Inn next door (30 Capital Dr) for people who are in the Hilton Honors program.
Where are we planning to meet on Wednesday morning?

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to stay at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites (15 Capital Dr, Harrisburg) on Tuesday night. Any others? There is also a Hampton Inn next door (30 Capital Dr) for people who are in the Hilton Honors program.

I was originally going to head down on Wednesday but my borther-in-law, who is also going and lives in Martinsburg, WV is working all day on Wednesday. So I think I'm making the drive from CT to WV via I-81 on Wednesday, staying the night in Martinsburg and continuing on Thursday morning. I just need to make it before the 4pm drivers meeting on Thursday. I really wanted to hook up with more people on the way down but that doesn't seem to be panning out.

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

It turns out the Spring Hill Suites is completely booked for Tuesday night. I think we're still meeting there on Wednesday morning.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I am planning on meeting up with PaViper and Pa group at Winchester Va on Wed 11:00 am, then down 81 to 77.
then meet up with Ohio group at Fort Chiswell at 3pm and on to NC.
Staying at Wingate.

net meet-up meeting / group ... wherever / whenever..

Sunday regional evening dinner !
Leaving Monday morning back up 77 to 81 to Winchester and Maryand with whoever / group going that way.

Mark - zoomie 443-562-8727 . ready !
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaving from Capitol Drive Wednesday morning at 9 AM, stopping in Winchester approx 11 AM and then proceeding on

Able1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be leaving Wednesday morning from Greensburg Pa. Joel

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Joel, what time are you leaving and what route are you taking? Our group will be passing through the intersection of I-81 and I-70 in Maryland around 10:20 AM. You would need to leave around 7:40 to meet us there. If that fits your schedule, let me know and I'll PM you my cell number.

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys have a specific location in Winchester where you're stopping to connect with others? I've seen the discussion of 11am but nothing more specific than just Winchester....and it's not a one stoplight location ;-) Was thinking I'd take the longer route and connect with others there as it appears that you're coordinated on timing to connect with the Ohio convoy further downstream!