Painted bulkhead on a SRT-10

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my car for less than 4 months and the mod bug has hit me, so far I have done a vipair hood, brakes, wheels, front carbon fiber splitter,mamba interior and the painted bulkhead. Let see what you guys think.
You must be registered for see images attach

F

FrgMstr

That is VERY ****. Kudos to you, and I see that you are in Texas as well. Haven't we had great top down weather lately?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! The rear cover looks great! I've got my dash, door handles, instrument cluster, etc painted to match the car, but not the cover. Did you do it yourself or have it done?

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is VERY ****. Kudos to you, and I see that you are in Texas as well. Haven't we had great top down weather lately?
The weather is great but my car was at the paint and body :(, I see your not that far from me Im in Frisco. cheers.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! The rear cover looks great! I've got my dash, door handles, instrument cluster, etc painted to match the car, but not the cover. Did you do it yourself or have it done?
I had it done in a smooth finish, Im really like it I just hope is not to much.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't mind, can you shoot me a PM on how much you paid to have that back cover done? And if you know what he had to do to get it that smooth, let me know that as well. I would be having someone do it for me, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how much time and money was involved.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't mind, can you shoot me a PM on how much you paid to have that back cover done? And if you know what he had to do to get it that smooth, let me know that as well. I would be having someone do it for me, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how much time and money was involved.

I'd like the same info if you don't mind sending me a PM. I was going to carbon fiber mine but that looks alot better than I thought it would. Looks great.

F

FrgMstr

The weather is great but my car was at the paint and body :(, I see your not that far from me Im in Frisco. cheers.

PM me and let me know what shop did you work so I can add it to my contact database. Please let me know those prices too if you are comfortable with that. I am just across 121 and am thinking of having some paint work done to the car.

Going to be 70 degrees on Thursday with little to no chance of rain!

Thanks!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, it lookks better in person.

I can imagine. I had my dash and inserts painted after seeing TowDawg's and was very happy when it was finished. I sent you a PM. Who's front splitter is that. Looks great. Good choice of mods so far.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can imagine. I had my dash and inserts painted after seeing TowDawg's and was very happy when it was finished. I sent you a PM. Who's front splitter is that. Looks great. Good choice of mods so far.
Im thinking of doing my dash in real carbon fiber but Im haveing a custom 2 din navigation installed in few weeks I hope I can find some one to do a one off in carbon fiber. the splitter is uroteck I send you a pm with the info. Cheers

Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll love the painted dash. Maybe do the large surround and carbon fiber the radio/ small gauge portion and shifter console.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted on the Paxton.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey steve ,I cant wait for the rear diffuser to be finish, I love to show the rear of the car. Cheers Pedro.

F

FrgMstr

Here's a pic of another car with a painted rear bulkhead, only this car had a speedster bubble to complete the painted look

Got any pictures with the full car in frame you could share? Thanks.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is absolutely stunning....please pm me the price on the paint and the acr syle fins

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea. Looks great... Also looks great on a Vette. I like the orange pic with the Fangs Viper emblem in the middle. Wonder where a person could get one of those??? Looks good. Thanks for sharing.:)

What is funny to me is we all love our Vipers and think it is a great car, yet we want to keep modifying them... I am the same way... When I had my old muscle cars--NO MODS--they were all stock and that's how I wanted them. Now I have a Viper and want to mod it. What is different here??? Makes me wonder??? :dunno:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need something to cover your top when it is down. The side holes really show with the painted bulkhead. Just a regular top cover would look fine.

I had my car for less than 4 months and the mod bug has hit me, so far I have done a vipair hood, brakes, wheels, front carbon fiber splitter,mamba interior and the painted bulkhead. Let see what you guys think.