Painting a Burago ACR...

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey... I'm looking at one of the SRT10 ACR Burago 1:24 diecast models in orange with solid black center stripe. Wondering how difficult it would be to mask off the black and paint SSG over the orange.
Anyone tried this sort of repainting? Is there a spray paint that mimics true SSG?

Any help appreciated,

Rich

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't be hard, just mask off the black, scuff up the orange and respray it. I'd probably reclear the whole car then.

Any automotive paint store should be able to mix you up a custom color in a spray can.

I too, would like to see pics of this model!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.paintscratch.com Exact match for SSG Make sure you order primer, clear coat and rubbing compound as well, and get some frog tape to mask off, nothing else really works as well. I have painted many models with paints from this source. You can also make a really nice ACR from the Autoart SRT10 1/18. You will need to sacrifice a wing from the 1/18 Autoart mango orange comp coupe and a cut a front splitter from the base of the car with a dremel tool.

IMG_1385.jpg

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to a professional hobby store and get Tamiya masking tape plus various grits of sanding paper, then either use Lee's suggestion or source the actual paint code for SnakeSkin Green and take that to your local body shop to have them mix a small can.
Have not made a repaint attempt myself yet but yesterday I did make my first attempts on paper with an airbrush.

Hey... I'm looking at one of the SRT10 ACR Burago 1:24 diecast models in orange with solid black center stripe. Wondering how difficult it would be to mask off the black and paint SSG over the orange.
Anyone tried this sort of repainting? Is there a spray paint that mimics true SSG?

Any help appreciated,

Rich

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
give it a shot but if you mess up dont let it wreak your day and know you can try and try again, models are not as easy at as it looks, i have been working on some gts ones and I have put them down and walked away for a month because I was getting a little frustrated with my results not being where I want it to be

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure if you were a little apprehensive, someone on here would be more than willing to help you out and do it for you if you ship them the model.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I havent done models for a while. Was, based on my all my awards, really good. I could handle it, I do custom painting. It would be a winter time thing for me. Pm me and let me know. Oh i can match the green exactly :D

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.paintscratch.com Exact match for SSG Make sure you order primer, clear coat and rubbing compound as well, and get some frog tape to mask off, nothing else really works as well. I have painted many models with paints from this source. You can also make a really nice ACR from the Autoart SRT10 1/18. You will need to sacrifice a wing from the 1/18 Autoart mango orange comp coupe and a cut a front splitter from the base of the car with a dremel tool.

IMG_1385.jpg

Huuummm a nice job in this one... :headbang: