Parts required for New zealand

sircumference

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello there , great forums .
I am rebuilding a number of viper engines [ GEN 2] here in NZ [ I am a engine builder with many years of experince including formula 1] and i own 3 GTS cars 2 are 1999 ACR plus a SRT8 300c all are awaesome cars , I have great sympaty some the way your dealers are being treated , Chrylser should be promoting sales not stopping them . less dealers less sales ; My nearest dealer is 150 miles from me .
However I am looking for a billet camshafts / true roller timing sets /engine valves / and a couple of used do not have to work PCM[ power control modules ] and plugs from the loom to the PCM for the 1999 GTS .
I have my own flow bench /. camgrinder/ froude bench dyno machine shop .etc so well set up to do the work .
I am hoping to make a set up so i can run a std engine on my dyno then do some small tweaks not a lot ,and see the differences , nothing like testing on a bench dyno . I have avalaible in NZ some very nice adjustable PCM . at a very resonable price , but need to make a loom between these and the std cars wiring loom hence the need for the used PCM to get the header board
I can get shipped to LA to my agent then from there to NZ if that helps . freight is a huge cost on getting stuff here and as your US$1 buys less thsn $NZ.060cents prices are double what you guys pay . that is life . Fuel in NZis $NZ1.65 per litre . for 91 octane . Hey still love driving the snakes
can you guys help me thanks .
cheers Ross.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ross...VERY cool on rebuilding the Viper engines! You can try Chuck Tator @ [email protected] (not sure you make phone calls, if so 1-914-763-3136)
Thank you for your empathy on what's happening with Chuck's dealership and others on this forum.
They have a fight for their livelihood on their hands for sure.
All my best Ross...juli
**VERY cool on having a DYNO and your SRT vehicles!!! YOU ROCK!**

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack has 2 Kiwi-Owners now, and we ship to NZ, and invoice creatively.

[And we have much of what you need.] Thank You

Last edited:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a new roller timing set and I do have a non working PCM from a 98'.

OP
OP
S

sircumference

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO can not be repaired . . i am wanting the header boards [ where car cars loom plugs into] I have avaliable simple say to fit fully adjustable PCM that i want to have a play with , I need the orginal PCM so that i can make a loom to go betewn the cars plugs and into the new PCm which is then plug and play , yes i know there are some avalable now but I like doing engine etc development and I belive this could be cheaper for me , . i will use the local PCm on my bench dyno as it saves having to remove the car loom . hope this helps

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you ever see my viper pal Tom over there? he was on the south island for a couple of years

You must be registered for see images

the police followed him everywhere in his viper, his car was a marked vehicle after his Mrs went past a cop car travelling in the opposite direction at 140mph after getting fed up of all the NZ crazy car rules and low speed limits, the cop car turned around but didnt catch her :) Their back in the UK now

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sircumference

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had heard about this car in the south Island and had read the article here .
Sorry did not meet them . did the car go back to the UK too or is it still here in NZ .

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no they brought it back to the UK, they liked the NZ rural lifestyle so they moved to Wales, its pretty quite there

Tom is off to the Lemans 24 hour race once again in a few weeks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper