Passenger Seat Ratlle?

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For any new owners that have put on a few miles while driving solo, did you guys happen to notice the passenger seat rattling at all? Mine has rattled from the beginning and I just wanted a second opinion before I brought it in for service.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check that the seat belt isn't wedged between the seat and the door. I think mine rattled once because of that but since have not heard anything. I'd also try repositioning the seat, maybe there's something odd about the angle of the back hitting behind the seat that's causing it.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a squeek in the seat. I sprayed teflon lube on the back/side, it is gone.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a ******** the side of the seat you can route your seat belt through. That took care of the rattle for me.

Bill

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill

there was a BLUE LE shipped to Akron, do you know who owns the car?

[ QUOTE=Smog Dog;3190044]There is a ******** the side of the seat you can route your seat belt through. That took care of the rattle for me.

Bill[/QUOTE]

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do both of these. stopped my rattle. also the side/back of the GTS seat is shiny plastic. it might have been my cause, move seat up just a smidgin.
Check that the seat belt isn't wedged between the seat and the door. I think mine rattled once because of that but since have not heard anything. I'd also try repositioning the seat, maybe there's something odd about the angle of the back hitting behind the seat that's causing it.

OP
OP
K

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
do both of these. stopped my rattle. also the side/back of the GTS seat is shiny plastic. it might have been my cause, move seat up just a smidgin.

Moved the seat, reclined it back a little more as well and routed the seat belt through the strap. Went on a test run (ran errands violently) problem solved. Teflon tomorrow as a preventative measure. Thank you everyone for all the help...

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill

there was a BLUE LE shipped to Akron, do you know who owns the car?

[ QUOTE=Smog Dog;3190044]There is a ******** the side of the seat you can route your seat belt through. That took care of the rattle for me.

Bill
[/QUOTE]

Jack, Sorry I do not know who owns that car. It's a long story, but I mostly know Motor City folks...

Bill