Passenger side door won't open - No Power

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passenger side door won\'t open - No Power

Can someone help me with some troubleshooting this problem? Are there fuses for this? How about relays?

Thanks James

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Passenger side door won\'t open - No Power

OK, I'll try this one... Maybe the year matters... But, we had a similar problem with one of our 1996's. Fuses OK, the button just stopped working. It was only one side and you could open the door by reaching across and using interior handle (therefore wiring OK, solenoid OK). After the tech ordered a few parts (wiring, solenoid, etc...) it turned out to be the microswitch. I seem to remember you cannot just get the microswitch, but you have to order the entire escutcheon assembly. Don't know the cost, as it was a warranty item. So, bottom line, if you can open it from inside, the solenoid works and its likely the microswitch. Hope this helps.

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score

James, I replied on the other board as well. If the inside handle works but the outside one doesn't, then I believe that it is a bad door microswitch. The outside door handle does not work mechanically - it actually just pushes a microswitch that activates the door solenoid.
If this describes the problem be careful trying to order the replacement. It took several tries for us to get the right part.
I hope that this helps!!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

Ha Henry - Too Slow - I win!
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads